Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GPS Current location

joban

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore sv6 2015
Anyone knows how to change the current location I live in Wellington newzealand nd location is coming up on display Christchurch .. I checked with Holden dealer nd they said everything fine you need to change the base antenna and RADIO ASM-RECEIVER & NAV ECCN which cost $3,041.73 ... Anyone knows how to reset the navigation system in commodore VF 2015 ..

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The title of this is confusing as your "gps location" is updated via satellites and the only reason i can think its not updating is the gps antenna might be stuffed.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@joban, stooge is correct in that your current location is determined using satellites. If the current location is somewhere other than where you are located, then something is not working. Either the system is not getting a signal from the antenna (faulty antenna, wiring or plug is partly disconnected from main unit) or there is some fault on the circuit board that processes the antenna signal (gps processing unit is faulty).

however, the question is why has this occurred in 2015 model vehicle which makes it just on 4 years old? If previous owner dismantled things then you are on your own but if the vehicle hasn’t been in a crash and only Holden has serviced this, then they should fix it under NZ consumer laws.

You haven’t mentioned anything about the vehicle history but if you bought it new from a dealer, talk to your consumer protection body as a $3k bill on some electronics that should last much much longer (life of car I’d expect) is simply unacceptable.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Have you been driving around in it? SatNav sometimes takes a while to work out where it is (eg. I thought for almost half an hour that dragging my Garmin to Europe was a waste of time & that I was going to be Very Lost due to not choosing the rental-company SatNav option … but it found it's location after half an hour & all was good from then, except it took nearly 15 minutes to sort itself once we got back home … and I'd suggest that a Garmin SatNav device is probably better than a GM one).

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
They mighta updated your maps with this one
th[9].jpg

or even this one
thSU6ANBY1.jpg

or my favourite
thZOWSURHW.jpg

but either way you should be able to replace the whole lot for under a grand