Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA4)

Moff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais II 5.7 HBD....Ve Sportswagon 60th
this is gunna be best game EVER cant wait

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
well i bought my 360 when i heard Resident evil 5 is coming out for it - and i had seen Bioshock and gears of war being played (i now own both) then to find out this is coming for 360 also is bad arse lol.....

bring on silent hill 5 also

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Apparently GTA will be released on several DVD's for Xbox 360. Found this on yahoo answers:
PS3 will win the console war, no doubt. Xbox 360 and Wii are so weak from technological point of view, that in couple of years they won't be capable of dealing with serious graphics. GTA IV, for instance, isn't even announced for Wii - this toy won't be able to cope with the game's requirements. Xbox 360 is getting GTA IV, however, the game is going to be released on several DVDs - Xbox 360 owners will have to interrupt gaming process and switch discs (Rockstar complained about this issue). Only PS3 will have it on single BD-DVD.
I just got the RROD and i pretty upset...i dunno if i should sell the 360 and get the PS3 or sell da wii and.. - Yahoo! Answers

EDIT: there is sources on that page^ not sure which one the above is from tho. Also, check out the comparison of PS3 to Xbox 360 in the same guys post.. PS3 FTW!

Last edited:

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Anyone seen the new trailer for it yet? I just watched it. Looks freakin awesome.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
yep i saw it 2day looks f**kn wild i cant wait,, thers not a chance that gta iv is comin out on mutiple disk's for the 360 not a chance.... "if" it is that big "the game that is" they wud just compress the game for the 360 version...

Edit: also it wudnt work because as soon as u press the eject button the console resets, so unless they do sumthing or bring sum update to stop that i dont see this multable disk thing happening

Last edited:

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
"if" it is that big "the game that is" they wud just compress the game for the 360 version...
not sure how big the game will be.. but..

Dual Layer Blue-Ray: 50 GB
Dual Layer DVD: 8.5 GB

compression? :p

even if they use single layer Blue-Ray discs, there is still a big difference between 25 GB and 8.5 GB.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
not sure how big the game will be.. but..

Dual Layer Blue-Ray: 50 GB
Dual Layer DVD: 8.5 GB

compression? :p

even if they use single layer Blue-Ray discs, there is still a big difference between 25 GB and 8.5 GB.

Its the size of the Blue Ray discs which is a pain... As they have so much damn room, gaming companies are no longer compressing alot of the game files. The PS3 is technologically superior and SHOULD load the games ALOT quicker, but does it? On many games no because the files aren't compressed so its actually loading larger files. If the files are compressed I highly doubt several discs should be needed.. The game shouldn't be much bigger than 8.5gb if it is even that big.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
Its the size of the Blue Ray discs which is a pain... As they have so much damn room, gaming companies are no longer compressing alot of the game files. The PS3 is technologically superior and SHOULD load the games ALOT quicker, but does it? On many games no because the files aren't compressed so its actually loading larger files. If the files are compressed I highly doubt several discs should be needed.. The game shouldn't be much bigger than 8.5gb if it is even that big.

ive played the ps3 a few times now and i dont see a difference to game loading times compared to other console's... well the only way to find out about this rumor of the "multable disk" is to wait for when the game is actually released.. only time will tell..

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
my mate was reading on a GTA forum that on PS3 it will only have one loading screen at the start and thats it. of course it will still be loading in the background but that would be awesome. but as was said.. only time will tell.

and also what iv heard.. xbox is the reason its taking so long to be released :p