Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gray wire out of ecu cut

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
ok i have asked this before and nobody really gave me an exact answer!!
and i had no idea about cars back then and i prob didnt understand what yous were on about! plus i cant find it.....

well
the gray wire that goes to my gear box from the ecu (its an auto) well im pretty sure it goes to gearbox!

im not 100% on this but its been cut and has a switch in the middle of it for some reason:|

anybody know why this is? a
nd would will happen if i turn this switch on or off??
thanks a ton!

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
so it's near the ecu under the dash on the passengers side? can you track this wire back to the ecu and tell me which plug on the ecu it's connected to?

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
ummm its under the dash on the drivers side.
there is a small panel about 20cm x 10cm that pulls off and in there is an ecu (i think thats what it is) and then im not sure where it runs i forgot to check and im soooo sick of pulling plastic's off cause everytime i do another thing breaks!

it was cut and had a switch there that stopped the (power?) from running and then turn it on and it ran through..

im not real sure if it goes to the gearbox or what it does... i just remember somebody telling me a long time ago it was to gearbox

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Just a theory - but maybe it's a cable for the inhibitor switch? on the vt they're a gray and graylike cable going into the trans from the pcm - the switch could be a secondary inhibitor switch that acts like an immobiliser?

trace it back/foreward and tell us where it starts/ends.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
your ecu is on the passengers side so it's not the ecu, id say it's either a non standard alarm or immobilser of some sort.

K

Konker

get someone to stand outside the car. put foot on brake and put into reverse. flick switch and see if your reverse lights come on and go out. i know a guy that was so shamed of owning an auto he wanted to switch the reverse lights on and off. is your car white?

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
dont understand switching the reverse lights on and off theroy but ummm nah the car is a burgendy calais. i will trace it one day!! im just sick of pulling apart plastic's!