Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Great VY V6 Flash Tuner

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
memcals.com - Done by DR.Bob member of this forum.

$300 for a VY V6 flash tune. just got mine back today. Awesome work, car accelerates so much harder now!

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
get a dyno run mate...
extra gear box psi can make the car feel faster when it hasn't got power, not for a second discrediting the tune just get a b4 and after and post it up for all us after a good tune.
be interesting to see the difference.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
I'm keen to get it on a dyno, not for a tune just to see what the mace upgrades and the computer combined give.

Anyone know of any dyno's in the North brisbane area that will just put your car on there in shootout mode without trying to sell you a tune?

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
pretty much all dyno's will do a 50 buck shoot out for you. Do you still have your old ecu?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Can flash a new tune into VX and VY PCMs for free .. delcohacking.net • View topic - The FlashTool V1.31

Can also read any tune thats been done, if its locked that tool can also unlock the PCM for you :boxing:

Thats pretty cool.

So when it says you remove the memcal and install an NVRAM, any idea where to get one?

My VX has a Chiptorque chip in it that allegedly give them tunability. Chance that this is a chip that will work with the program?

VL400

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais - Quadcam V8, tiptronic auto, 3.9lokka
Check a few lines below that bit and it has a link to a post about setting it up for flash based VX, VU and VY vehicles. Dont need any chips or mods done to the PCM to be able to adjust the tune.

If your VX is a S/C V6 then I am not sure what chiptorque add, the standard memcal can be reprogrammed (using a UV eraser and EPROM programmer), have seen some companies use a small board in place of the EPROM or memcal to stop people from reading the binary. Its very very unlikely that its going to be an NVRAM and be compatible with the flashtool.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Check a few lines below that bit and it has a link to a post about setting it up for flash based VX, VU and VY vehicles. Dont need any chips or mods done to the PCM to be able to adjust the tune.

If your VX is a S/C V6 then I am not sure what chiptorque add, the standard memcal can be reprogrammed (using a UV eraser and EPROM programmer), have seen some companies use a small board in place of the EPROM or memcal to stop people from reading the binary. Its very very unlikely that its going to be an NVRAM and be compatible with the flashtool.

Nah standard V6 with the flash module.

Might it be in my best interests to get another VX standard chip, slam it in and dick around so that I can always reinsert the Chiptorque chip later?

VL400

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais - Quadcam V8, tiptronic auto, 3.9lokka
So they desolder the original flash chip and add another? There is no removable memcal/chip in the VX,VU or VY V6 PCMs.

You would possibly need an entire PCM if they have done mods to yours. Can always just try and see if you can read the binary out first.

Sloanie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore s
ahh okay cool as mate, thanks for the reply ...

So basically ya cant really tune a VY easily im guessing :( .. awww .. thanks for the linky anyways dude!!!!
Go to mace Enginnering web site or ring them they do Ecu's for vy commodores $250..00 I recently done my vy v6 i put a stage Two Cam Kit, 12mm Plenum Spacer, 69mm Throttle Body, 2100 To 2200 Hi Stall converter, Cold air box. They done a ECU for me upped the line pressure in the transmission hangs on to the gears longer and changes smoother. lot more pick up from start differently more power go to there web site and look up vy v6 Ecu's. There is a tune Sheet to fill out with all your mods every thing down to your exhaust size you must be very clear on all your mods.