Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green Vb 202

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Thanks guys its good to see some people actually still like early model commodores all my mates reckon i sould get a R31 Nissan Skyline or something like that and i was considering getting one of those but i eventualy decided against it because of all the work i put into it.

Also do any of you guys know of any cheap or 2nd hand LPG systems for my car in SA because i dont really wana have to fork out up to 60-80 buxs a week for petrol

Cheers vb_commie

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Gas is for BBQs ;)

Car looks tuff as it is. Maybe add some SL/E bumber sides, VK front indicators, and VL Mirrors.

Also for the other guys, SA doesn't need RWC, so it wouldn't matter about the motor.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
VK front indicators won't fit the standard VB headlights Stealthy, unless you change the whole front end to a VH.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Oh ohk, i've heard of people with VHs doing it, i thought the headlights were the same VB-VK.

Are they angled differently or something?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Yep, the angles are different.

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
I was thinkin about putting a RB30 from a VL in my car sometime soon has anyone hear done it or know someone thats done it and can give me a write up or somethings to watch out for and some pics would be pretty helpful to. The best way to get it to me would probably be e mail. Im at [email protected]

Cheers vb_commie

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Oh okay, That would make sense then, seeing as the VB was 78?/79.

I also didn't know that RWC wasn't mandatory to get rego in SA, that's kinda cool, but crazy at the same time. Dosn't a car have to pass any sort of conditions to be able to get rego?

An RB30 VB.......nice!

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Bit of an update. I have had a job as a pizza delivery boy for the best part of a year so the car has been on the road for all of that. It has held up pretty well considering in that time I changed the oil and filter once at the start and only had it serviced towards the end. It runs a bit rough but I think that is the LPG system not being tuned to 100%.

Anyways Ive quit that job now and have bought a 1981 Celica as a runabout so I can put the Commodore away and fix up a few things when its rego runs out. The plans for a RB30 into have passed me by for now and while its off the road I might drop a 308 in. Ill let you know how I go with that though...

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
loooks good mate

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey VB COMMIE nice ride mate brings back memories big time the colour is very similar to the one i had 12 yrs ago!!!!!!!
keep it goin mate dont give up on it!!!!!!!!!!!