Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not surprised at all they put your jalopy in 20k-25k range if my bitsa got a quick 10k guesstimate.

Am shocked a genuine Maloo was kept at 10k insured value since you bought it.

Park it next to mine then ask the missus which one looks like a crappy ol' ute....then tell her what they'd sell for lol

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah , I'm partly responsible = haven't pushed ( therefore why would they).
Hate to think what a genuine front bar ( are they still available) is worth ,
I do have a genuine new front grill and tounneua cover

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Interesting that Redbook only value the Maloo at $10k - $13K. Most insurers would maybe give $15k agreed for a real good one. It seems that Shannon's are willing to go well above Redbook Market Value. I'm thinking of giving Shannon's a call when my ute is due for renewal. It might cost me more but if I can get $6k - $7k agreed instead of $3,800 agreed I'd be happy to pay a higher premium and lose my multi-policy discount with NRMA. I have done so much work to my bus and if it got hit, currently it would be written off. However, at $6k agreed I'd stand a good chance of having it repaired.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeap , and that's why until now have not gone / enquired,
Who is really right?
All I know is on Carsales people ask mostly
$20k plus for maloos .
Again for me mostly about getting cover to repair ( not interested in selling).!!!!!!!!!
I might add personally figured around $15 k to $18k for sale $20k would be fantastic at this point in time !
But = yeah = as said I own = l love using , so = fxxk you = come and see me if you want!!
Don't mean that in a bad way = simply I have and love using!!!!!
And it needs to be a stupid amount ( of an offer ) to entice me away from this vechice!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I would also suggest that the reality is somewhere between the two.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't compare prices on Car Sales. People on that site ask $7k for a VR V6 ute. Where as in reality one can be bought on Slumtree for $2k. Like you I plan on keeping my bus, as it is starting to become a good one, even if it is a V6 no name.... If I was to replace it with the same I'd struggle to find a good one because most people (unlike car guys) out there don't appreciate a 90s Commodore....

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Still loving the ute and future plans with spare motor! But still keep as stock as possible with tastefully done mods like bigger brakes, ect.

Re value. Look at history of australian muscle cars. Vn to vs 5l utes I think will hold value because the ute is an ozzy icon and sadly thing of the past. Not many early hsv maloo so will become even harder to find than say vr-vs clubsports.
Hang on to it mate. Very cool car!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo got used today, a run down to Sydney and back.
Pick up the tools I bought a month ago= end of financial year sale, not everything was in stock at the time.
Traffic on pennant hills road was crap= so glad I don't live down there anymore.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/OipMfv7.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/c5hXwb6.jpg[/img]']

Dam bloody cheap supercheap stuff = now I need casters for the engine crane.

Wasn't going to unpack anything yet but it was the easiest way of getting the English wheel into the garage and takes up less space .
Not sure on any layout yet= need a big cleanup and think about.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WTF ?

Wait....what ?

The caster was on an angle and hit a 20mm step in the concrete at the roller door and just collapsed / shattered = cheap ase very brittle cast metal caster wheels.

English wheel = metal forming = create duel compoun curves = e.g. a very complex / art= ( to get right) metal roller.
Think easiest e.g. can roll a bowl shape.