Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a couple die grinders , an air blower, an air vacuum ( venturi ) = I made when working for a certain airline= I'll post a pic of = very simple and works at treat.
Also got a spray gun , did have a sound deadener gun but I never got that back off my mate.
Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks get fittings so I can vac bag composite stuff= I have some ideas/dreams for parts for both this and the Monaro.
Maybe get an air ratchet.
OH and the big one I have a grit blasting cabinet= ( want to eventually refurb some of the undercarriage parts of both vehicles = so if I can clean some of them up without sending off somewhere=great.
See how I go = this compressor is not really big enough for the grit blasting = can only try .
The ideal is one of these twin motors twin pumps but can't justify the extra space and about double the money at about $4.5k
Yeah I bought a triple piston 100L tank job but it still won't run the 40kg pot blaster at a constant 90psi. I'm going to try running two comps via a T piece. It will help but they really need 3 phase screw comp to drive them properly. Everything else runs no worries.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah I bought a triple piston 100L tank job but it still won't run the 40kg pot blaster at a constant 90psi. I'm going to try running two comps via a T piece. It will help but they really need 3 phase screw comp to drive them properly. Everything else runs no worries.
[/QU

Yeah working (contract) for my mate at the moment .= he has a similar compressor to what I just got and when we're both using the die grinders do struggle and he gets plenty of moisture threw the li

His filter/regulator is at the compressor.
I'm going to place the filter/regulator at least 4 metres line wise away and I also have one of those dunny roll size filters ( for plasma cutters that will go in about another 3 metres down the line .
=E.G. can oil air tools = but spray painting , vac bagging composites .grit blasting defiantly need to be moisture free.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
IF you get a lathe or mill I will have to delete your account!

LOl
and I'm now drooling = a combo mil /drill and or lathe would be absolutely aoursome
but it's not that great!!!!!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd love a nice Bridgeport in my garage.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Yeah .machine/ lathe opens up soo many possibilities.
For me, if l was to own those tools, would be knowing how to use them.
Oops, l just broke it (how many thousands of dollars to replace it?):oops:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So as I said a couple of weeks ago another piece of workshop equipment.
Life's got in the way so while I assembled /set up and bleed the hydraulic system have only just this arvo got to test it out.
It's a quick jack.
I would love a 4 post hoist, ( get storage as well then) . I had an engineer draw up a design ( he wasn't willing to get rid of the whole truss only the middle 1/3 ).
Would still therefore not get full height only missing out by about 130mm but not sure I want to trust proximity switches.
Also recon would cost with the hoist some where between $15k and $20k so yeah /nah.

Also thought about a mid rise scissor lift or the maxjax ( a portable mid rise 2 post ) but again the cost.
And so this ( it still not cheap =but you're crawling under a car on it ) I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and not end up flat as a pancake.
Going to make a 4 blocks to fit at the seem jacking points ( probably also buy quick jacks versions as well ).

It works a treat there are two safety bar lock heights the lower or mid rise you can still get a little movement if you try pushing/shacking the car but it's still less than if it was on jack stands.
With the max height it's locked in there is absolutely no movement it's rock solid.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/KShfoSd.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/numwVmE.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/jesTN4s.jpg[/img]']

Oh and @losh1971 here's a pic of my venturi air vacuum.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Being using this quite a bit over the last couple of weeks even just for shopping.
Mainly because I like using but the driving reason was it took 3 goes to get the correct shocks in for the Focus.
Used today = got my second jab and then bottlo because beer is essential a couple guys go OH don't see many of these around anymore, one goes I don't suppose you're interested in selling.
Nah.
The other week used it to go to work= yeap the roads near my mates place are crap = some big bumps= got thrown around .
I noticed today some creaks coming from the front= I know those sounds Strut top bearings/housings are fxxked yet again.
I think some time soon I'm going to raise the front back to FE2 height = get new springs all round probably either pedders or lovalls.

Also the other day noticed this= hard suspension and old brittle plastics under load = no good for the plastic.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/YgFL1BS.jpg[/img]']

So got this from bunnings= $11 cheaper than ebay but I have to wait for the repair kit to come from ebay.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/61I9nGK.jpg[/img]']

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Entire dash on my vp has numerous broken plastics superglued back together it all looks factory & doesn't rattle anymore....I also freak out if someone touches or taps on it 'cos it was headache of a mission to get decent.

Dreading next car to do which is blue vk interior just as bad that needs to be done even nicer to suit new interior for it.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
I've quite often thought about buying a plastic welder...keen to see what you can do with it.
Also, How are those Quick Jacks going?