Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice one, Yeah one of those little 300 mm chainsaws on a 2.7 m to 3.9 m adjustable saws so needed ute with roof racks and rear ladder bar to transport but today a proper summer day ( aircon needs regassing at least ).
Was more pruning today before back home.
She was Happy eventually when I pointed out costs and what a professional garden person would charge .
I was still a bit disappointed = thought I could have got a few more , but easily 6.5 m up .
Try balancing one these while standing a few rungs up on a ladder!!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not sure how I should feel daily driving vp v8 ute...thought it was cool driving oldest car to work in peak hour traffic...then realise it's still got super-quiet exhaust & first time ever $100 to fill up this week.

Have really enjoyed how sketchy it is to drive in rain though :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep, even in the dry I got sideways in the old ute when I was making an exit from the SCA carpark. Old live axle, tight LSD and light rear end on VR ute means have to know when and where you can and can't nail it. In the wet, very light pedal only, on the VP and VR utes.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure how I should feel daily driving vp v8 ute...thought it was cool driving oldest car to work in peak hour traffic...then realise it's still got super-quiet exhaust & first time ever $100 to fill up this week.

I remember once in my i30 pulling up at a set of lights only 4 cars , 3 off us the same shape i30, I'm thinking OMG I've reached a new low !!!
I've heard mine drive off in traffic and gone that's not loud. Then I've heard it when auto guy brought it to my place and gone in quiet places you're announcing you're turning up.
And then when you put your foot down , once on the M1 coming up from Brooklyn 3rd gear not fully behaving I had to wind the window down to listen to it bounce off the rock walls.

On Tuesday returning the saw ol'mate in front is getting slower and slower leaving it to the last minute. before getting into R/H lane to get into right turn lane.
I put my foot down, OH not happy with that , foot flat going just fast enough auto selects 1ST chirps upsets backend then into 2nd and opps better slow down.
Silly thing is if I did this just because the missius would go WTF are you a child but here she just went WTF why didn't he get over earlier Ha ha ha == a win I think.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Nice Maloo!
originally i was looking for a VU Maloo or a VX Clubbie in manual and Emerald Green years ago, that green is beautiful, know a guy that has the VX clubbie in that green. so good to look at

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You'd be surprised how sketchy a lightened/gutted out ute with baby 304 & modded 4l60e is with single pegger diff that kicks two on cheapest 205/60 in wet just driving it normal & then tapping throttle flat damp 3 lane road as it goes from 60km/h to 80km/h.

Still got bunch of good parts in garage to replace mediocre crap on it used to pass rego with v8....3k stally,pacies & twin exhaust,vl diff with lsd,adjustable top arms,speedo corrector,255/60 on 15x7 chasers...just need to buy 3.7 gears & mace air box.

Fingers crossed for 13's n/a with good gear fitted & eventually 11's with vortech.

Still love my tip runs most of all!!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
You'd be surprised how sketchy a lightened/gutted out ute with baby 304 & modded 4l60e is with single pegger diff that kicks two on cheapest 205/60 in wet just driving it normal & then tapping throttle flat damp 3 lane road as it goes from 60km/h to 80km/h.
ute
Still got bunch of good parts in garage to replace mediocre crap on it used to pass rego with v8....3k stally,pacies & twin exhaust,vl diff with lsd,adjustable top arms,speedo corrector,255/60 on 15x7 chasers...just need to buy 3.7 gears & mace air box.

Fingers crossed for 13's n/a with good gear fitted & eventually 11's with vortech.

Yeah would surprise me except in memory = ( if think back enough ).
That will be dam nice when done !!!!
Back late 2014 juggled between super the Maloo and the Monaro= = the monaro won !!!
Soooo now more sold on a reasonably cranky 355 NA for the Maloo ( to be different= not !!!!! ) but if money was to allow ( my dream full blown custom) a 355 supercharged VG - VS ute would be the Bees nees

OH , also need to say fxxk that LS1 crap = easy to say when I already have one = these need to stay old school !!!!

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

I can imagine, my modded V6 went like a bastard..... Strip some weight and add another 2 cyls with some added extras, I'm sure it would be lethal....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I loved my old ute, V6 and all. I had big plans for it and would have reached those plans by now if it wasn't written off. One thing though it was never going to have the Maloo badge. Something about a VR - VS Maloo that nothing else in that era can compete with. Stock they weren't the most powerful bus around but late 90s Maloo has a level of coolness just because it's an early Maloo.... I don't think a whole lot of the late Maloo's, I think they lost the coolness at the end of the VS run.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I can imagine, my modded V6 went like a bastard..... Strip some weight and add another 2 cyls with some added extras, I'm sure it would be lethal....
Having owned ( my first commy a VR manual ute ) , in 2002 still remember being totally overwelled look at that white s pack V8 but as said = =was sensible= so VR V6 manual == but got there eventually = thankfully!!!!

Not that the VR V6 wasn't great= I drove this thing !!!!

Last edited: