Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I loved my old ute, V6 and all. I had big plans for it and would have reached those plans by now if it wasn't written off. One thing though it was never going to have the Maloo badge. Something about a VR - VS Maloo that nothing else in that era can compete with. Stock they weren't the most powerful bus around but late 90s Maloo has a level of coolness just because it's an early Maloo.... I don't think a whole lot of the late Maloo's, I think they lost the coolness at the end of the VS run.
[/QUO
Looking at and prices asking ATM WTF but soo glad I have .
I remember back mid 90s = when these VR /VS commies were well king a work mate had and I've lustred after ( and it wasn't even anything special but I soooo wanted one !!!!!
, just a normal s pack ).
But now don't giveeee a = well a rats ase !!! == AS I have !!!!!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I loved my old ute, V6 and all. I had big plans for it and would have reached those plans by now if it wasn't written off. One thing though it was never going to have the Maloo badge. Something about a VR - VS Maloo that nothing else in that era can compete with. Stock they weren't the most powerful bus around but late 90s Maloo has a level of coolness just because it's an early Maloo.... I don't think a whole lot of the late Maloo's, I think they lost the coolness at the end of the VS run.
I thought the old vr was spac?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought the old vr was spac?
Yep SPac V6,. What I meant was it was never going to be a or equal to a Maloo. It was a great ute but it was never going to have the esteem a Maloo holds.

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I'll return to LS platform one day...probably when scrap my vy sv8 to put driveline into something older (vp ute or vk) that is couple hundred kilograms lighter just to do ls conversion & see what an an 11 sec or 10 sec manual street car is like on track.

Old Eastern Creek used to watch 11sec or faster manual torries,kingies & falcons as a kid...they were monsters!!!! Bucketlist dream!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well , got the greenslip in early December and Pink slip a few days before Christmas.
Today = 8 days after run out = regoed again..
My missus daughter and son in law have raved about this upper /lower Hunter Pub / Accomo / restaurant= steak house .
We are booked in, overnight = Opps I forget = I'm gonna get shot but believe the weeekend after Aussie Day!!!!
AS in quality air dried/aged steaks and meals!!
So end of this month a nice weekend away = great ( take a few home brews ) and an enjoyable weekend = just immediate family

OH and take the Maloo for a nice country HWY/ drive!!!!!! = Hopefully!!!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Maloo got a run yesterday down through Sydney and back ( pretty much all expressway and Toll ways ) about 380 kms.
Seen quite a few chrome bumper classics out cruising.
The reason for the trip , I bought Ginger Beers VX commie bonnet with the VK style scoop on it = now leaning up against a wall in my garage.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/WO07L7x.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/XbvVIsg.jpg[/img]']

There is a little bit of method to my madness.
I have a few options here.
One I'm thinking of grafting /blending in a Ford GT bonnet hump onto ( hopefully make some cardboard templates first = get a better idea if my imagination is = to real word like ).
Also get to see if the VK style is again something I'm totally happy with both on the CV8 and the Maloo along with seeing how much work is involved in making the VX /Vk style scoop fit the VS.
No one makes a VK style scoop to fit the VL through to VS.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I was headed out your way in vp ute...only chrome bumpers I saw were on 4 or 5 old vw bugs...was weird.

*humble brag...ute getting minor rust repairs & factory tubs widened to rails :)

Farkin' flew on freeway trip handled it better than tickled sv8 in 6th gear with cruise control except ute no options at all...air con was both windows down & burnt forearm lol

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the Maloos just been sitting noze in to the carport since last post .
Checked it/started it a few weeks ago after doing the lawn ( left foot prints in the lawn it's so spongy/ water logged).
So it only just started ,so I unbolted the charger from the post so I could run it to the back of the carport.

The missus came over today = go out for lunch so decided it needs a run.
Move the Focus so I can do a trillion point turn ( so to speak) to back the Maloo out so as not drive on the lawn as still water logged because more rain the last 2 weeks.

I did get to use my new portable compressor to pump up tires ( I think I went a little overkill on this !!!! ).
3 PSI took less than 15 seconds .

A few weeks ago on one of those very rare sunny days ( lately ) had organized to go of a bike ride with a mate .
Knew I would need to put air in the Buells tyres = no problem the front ( it's got a 90 degree valve ) , I struggled / brain farts to screw connector onto the rear tyre valve = managed to turn 28 PSI into 15 PSI and then the hose broke at the compressor end fitting.

No problems I'll trim hose and pull fitting apart and reconnect.
Put one end of fitting in the vise , spanner on the other end.
Instead of undoing the nut it tears the cheap arse fitting apart=FXXXXXXK.

So no ride and now my new overkill portable compressor.

It was fun to use the Maloo today though !!!

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
A month an a half since last use and this is a sad day use!!!! ( unplanned but was going to happen sooner rather than later ).
Still shxte !!!
A mate's last trip in today!!

Yeah I checked don't have any photos of him in the Maloo !!

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Sorry for your loss mate, its a tough day losing a mate :(
I have 2 dogs...one boy 7 but I lost my girl about a month ago aged just over 17....passed in my arms carrying her into the vets.
Anyway...many thoughts for the fun times with your pet :)