Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Ha ha sounds like it was fun. I haven't been been giving mine that much, not yet anyway, happy to live in mild kick downs and the extra mid range torque I now have.
The shiftkit and diff gears must make a big difference.
I've had a shiftkit for it for a couple of years, just haven't been motivated enough to fit it. What sort of difference does it make? What's the shift like when you are just driving it normally and just cruising.
Haven't really thought of doing diff gears because of highway driving, what revs was it doing at 100 klms
I'm lucky mines only done about 162,000 , but averaging about 20,000 a year
Was that the end of it after going under the truck trailer, shame if it was written off

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Car got repaired after going under trailer,think insurance paid up to a limit...then cousin(apprentice panelbeater) helped finish/fit it up.
I did mechanicals repairs + parts to keep it from being writen off...same thing when he had vh sle had to supply parts & do mechanicals myself.

Most of it got resprayed so we made it nicer...that was when upgraded it to all series 3 maloo from stat writeoff I bought...195/getrage/diff went into lc gtr.

Shiftkit + 3.7 gear totally transformed the car...you'll love it.
Compromised with 3.7 as it did the M5 a lot...fuel economy improved.
I've used 3.9-4.11 in my own cars...just brings power down to more usable range & makes most of what is there while car keeps it's drivability..

Twin cat & decent exhaust
diff gears + shiftkit
memcal & airbox mod

Best bang for bucks & car drives better standard.

Felt way quicker than most dudes who just did cam changes simply because it had smarter mods.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got radiator back and installed changed a couple of clamps and one of transmission hoses to the radiator. Bonus think I found the transmission oil weap that was annoying , funny how when you start playing around and modifying things you don't need to disconnect them just disturb them and you end up chasing little niggly things and leaks for ages after , some of the heater hose connections were the same.
Anyway hopefully sorted and no more cooling system issues for a while , can not recommend Warren at Warners Bay Radiators enough, great, fast service , very helpful, happy to work around you
. Even though I think one of the leaks was in a new area he still didn't charge since it was only a few months ago that it was in there . Got it back all pressure tested soldered up and repainted, AAA service.
So for anyone in the Newcastle area can't recommend him more highly ,here's his contact details
unnamed_zpsl9mdvm6l.png~original
[URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/iainrhands/media/unnamed_zpsl9mdvm6l.png.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Had pretty much your ute on my bedroom wall as a young bloke. You dont see to many getting round these days. Still turning heads all these years later. Very cool car

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it's been almost 2 weeks now and it appears I've fixed the transmission oil weap and the radiator is all good , no leaks and has not used any water , yeah.
Just in time ,two week holiday road trip in just over a week, can't wait!! Should be good.
So before I got the , new to me, wheels I bought some red/silver HSV wheel center badges , I held them up on wheels whenI first fitted wheels but thought no, I'm now thinking of fitting them and changing wheel nut covers to silver ones.
Just wondering what others think as it's not as simple as putting them on because they're actually for VEs , so need to modify them so they will fit larger center hole. Outside diameter , therefore badges are same dia just won't stay in wheel because clips do not engadge
20160903_172750_zpsrprp40zx.jpg~original
[URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/iainrhands/media/20160903_172750_zpsrprp40zx.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
bit dodgey but could you very neatly silicone them in. if theres two flat surfaces (one on center cap and on rim) it should hold them on if allowed to dry properly.
See so many things being held together in the building industry with clear silicone its not even funny.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea was thinking of sitting them there again and having another look in bright sunshine . I did that when I was fitting the wheels and I thought no , see how they look, probably not till Sunday, ment to rain up here tomorrow and clear sometime on Saturday .
Was thinking of building up the clip parts with either 5 minute arildite or fibreglass resin with some flock.
Or using the same build up a base on back of badges with a nut in it and have a retaining disc on inside of wheel and clamp them in position. A fair bit of work in doing that way, easy way is silicone. It won't happen until after the holiday anyway, only 8 more days, I'm not counting but ha ha ha
Dummy !!! clip won't work unless I route a step in the hole .

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea I recon, think I'm over thinking it to much and it'd probably crack and badges would go MIA , so KISS ( keep it simple stupid) , so silicone for the win thanks