Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

greenfoam????????

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
On YOUR car, the ECU, is located on the front passenger side floor on the left. There is a plastic panel next to where your passengers left foot would sit, pull that off, it will expose a steel box (the ECU). Unplug the looms from it and there are 2 Phillips head screws holding it to the car, undo those, take the ECU off the wall.

One end of the ECU will have like a lid that slots on over one end and it held on by 2 nuts or something similar, undo those, slide the lid off and the memcal will be staring you dead in the face. Unclip it, send it off.

Just remember though, if you take it out and send it off, your car won't drive. I suggest going to the wreckers and buying a spare VN - VR V6 memcal and sending that off so you can drive your car whilst Foamy does your tune as it may take a while because he is a very busy boy with tunes and what not.

Ahhh ok, thanks :thumbsup: my plan was to go wreckers and get one...Don't have spare car right now.

If you get stuck lightning, PM me and I can send you some step by step pics, but it really isn't hard.
I just cant be bothered getting them off my phone right now

ok thanks, hopefully I should be fine :D

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Once you pull that kick panel off, it's dead easy. I did it first time with zero hassles. Hardest bit was pulling the looms out lol.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Once you pull that kick panel off, it's dead easy. I did it first time with zero hassles. Hardest bit was pulling the looms out lol.

ok, kick panel isn't that hard either...only takes a few seconds but will go to wreckers tom if i get time

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah i know it's not hard, that's what i am saying, it's a **** easy job.

lukieboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive 92
awsome guys thanx (does feel like a bit of a twat lol) so greenfoam is a bloke again thanx fellas

Pera

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vt commodore
Hi guys im from new zealand and was wanting a memcal tune for my standard 2000 vt commodore. Yes we do have tuners over here but but not like the tuners you guys have. pricks are charging $200+ for a memcal tune can you please help thanks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
pcmhacking.net