Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grennan's G8 SSV Sportswagon!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Doing the wheel hunt.

As said above, Ive got a hard on for concave at the moment and seeing some of the G8's in the states with crazy fitment I want to get something that fits really well.

Would love something like these:

RamSpeed-Wheel-RS-DC-92-Deep-Concave.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
needs more chev badge and diff dumpers

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
They always look so sexy in black. What size exhaust are you looking at going? Are you going full system, or just catback? Can't beat the sound of a nice v8 with a good exhaust.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
will look dope lowered

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Will go full. Not sure on sizing.

Will probably end up being Pacemaker 1 7/8 extractors with twin 2 and a half. Havent done to much in the way of research of sizing on these. Id assume 3" is still a bit too big.

That's the system I have and it's amazing. It's not verbosely loud, but it's got a nice note and sings a good tune when revving.

C&A Auto Fashion

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah Im not after something obnoxious. I had all mufflers on my VX and that was good. Maybe a bit on the loud side in second gear, but was good.

Just doing some reading up now. I didnt realise that when going cam in the AFM engines the DOD needs to be disabled. That sucks a bit.

One thing I hate about the AFM though, its so damn sensitive. Driving through town at 80, it turns on, sweet. I need to just maintain that speed. Breathe on the pedal and it turns off.

Ill have to go chat with C&A, theyre close, better than having to go all the way to Hallam to see LSX.

Dunno who Im gonna get the exhaust done by, Dirby and Hozy both recommend Hallam Performance, but I dislike Dirby's exhaust.

Will probably try and scam some pacies via old work contacts on the cheap.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
will look dope lowered

Yeah I love Wagons lowered. Will go coilovers this time though.

Will need to wait till I move house before I lower it, my driveway is shocking. When I first got the VX I lost the exhaust tips because it used to scrape all the way. Theres a huge indent in the tarmac outside where my exhaust used to hit reversing out.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yeah Im not after something obnoxious. I had all mufflers on my VX and that was good. Maybe a bit on the loud side in second gear, but was good.

Just doing some reading up now. I didnt realise that when going cam in the AFM engines the DOD needs to be disabled. That sucks a bit.

One thing I hate about the AFM though, its so damn sensitive. Driving through town at 80, it turns on, sweet. I need to just maintain that speed. Breathe on the pedal and it turns off.

Ill have to go chat with C&A, theyre close, better than having to go all the way to Hallam to see LSX.

Dunno who Im gonna get the exhaust done by, Dirby and Hozy both recommend Hallam Performance, but I dislike Dirby's exhaust.

Will probably try and scam some pacies via old work contacts on the cheap.

C&A can organise full exhausts. Otherwise talk to NAAF. I ended up going an off the shelf Hurricane system from headers to tips and very happy with it, cost me $2k in total (mild steel) and I got it from Ringwood Performance Exhausts

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Take some higher up photos for us Gren, the space under it make the ride hight look worse than it is.
Other than that, Looks like a great pickup and a nice clean car. A VE SSV wagon was what I was looking for for a long while, even when I had my Crewman. The black looks good, pity about the scratches though. I'm sure this will look mint by the time you've added some goodies to it.