Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grennan's G8 SSV Sportswagon!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Take some higher up photos for us Gren, the space under it make the ride hight look worse than it is.
Other than that, Looks like a great pickup and a nice clean car. A VE SSV wagon was what I was looking for for a long while, even when I had my Crewman. The black looks good, pity about the scratches though. I'm sure this will look mint by the time you've added some goodies to it.

I was surprised I found this one to be honest.

Most of the wagons have held their value very well, especially SSV's. I got a steal.

I gave it a real good wash, and theyre honestly not as bad as I thought they were. There are I think one or two that are a bit iffy but theyre small. The bonnet is my main concern, few stone chips here and there, but a bonnet respray is not a huge deal.

C&A can organise full exhausts. Otherwise talk to NAAF. I ended up going an off the shelf Hurricane system from headers to tips and very happy with it, cost me $2k in total (mild steel) and I got it from Ringwood Performance Exhausts

I was going to talk to NAAF, but a couple of people have said they dont sound that great (although, ill be fair here, their exhaust sounds overly loud and droney).

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
I was surprised I found this one to be honest.

Most of the wagons have held their value very well, especially SSV's. I got a steal.

I gave it a real good wash, and theyre honestly not as bad as I thought they were. There are I think one or two that are a bit iffy but theyre small. The bonnet is my main concern, few stone chips here and there, but a bonnet respray is not a huge deal.

Yeah the wagons have held up very well, doesn't help that they weren't released until much later than the sedans.
TBH I probably put worse scratches on my car on the weekend than you have on your car for its years of life, few tight tracks :p the bonnets on these are what make the look, I'm not overly keen on the front bar but those bonnet vents are perfect :)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Congratulations! Delco lifters according to VIN I assume?

Will go full. Not sure on sizing.

Will probably end up being Pacemaker 1 7/8 extractors with twin 2 and a half. Havent done to much in the way of research of sizing on these. Id assume 3" is still a bit too big.

Don't go 1 7/8 unless you need to. I get 300rkw and I don't need them, better have velocity to get efficiency (economy) and good low down torque on two tonne wagon. There is a good conversation with NAAF on the matter in a recent post. 3" is purely noise. I agree, hold off on getting an off-the-shelf system for a 6.0, there's quite a bit to it and NOBODY offers the correct solution for daily driving a high performance heavyweight wagon.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just doing some reading up now. I didnt realise that when going cam in the AFM engines the DOD needs to be disabled. That sucks a bit.

Well that's a load of bullshit!

One thing I hate about the AFM though, its so damn sensitive. Driving through town at 80, it turns on, sweet. I need to just maintain that speed. Breathe on the pedal and it turns off.

Mate you can tune it so it's basically on all the time if you like.

Ill have to go chat with C&A, theyre close, better than having to go all the way to Hallam to see LSX.

Dunno who Im gonna get the exhaust done by, Dirby and Hozy both recommend Hallam Performance, but I dislike Dirby's exhaust.

Ask them why the header dia, h or x, and where to put them. The response will inform who you go with, I will bet neither else a wet pocket.

Will probably try and scam some pacies via old work contacts on the cheap.

Go the PH5387, best for the engine and wagon combo. Proper post header / pre-cat merge into high flow 4" grenade cats, straight through to proper x in correct location, hot dogs then bi-modal. What I have now.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Blergh my last post got eaten by the internetz.

According to our conversation, yes should be the updated lifters.

yeah I had a feeling 3" would be overkill. Heard it on LS1's sound like anus.

As far as the Cam/AFM thing goes, maybe its just C&A's cams that do this. May have to do some further looking at other places.

Didnt know it could be tuned, not that it really bothers me to much, if I wanna cruise in 4cyc mode Ill just chuck it in cruise control I guess.

Was probably going to go PH5382. I know the Tri Y's are better for lower down in the torque range, but Im thinking a bit later down the track for cam work. Ill have a talk to a few guys though and see what they recommend.

Just picked up a CX9 aeriel to replace the giant long probe stock ones. Doesnt quite screw down all the way to the nub :S But looks better.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Don't go 1 7/8 unless you need to. I get 300rkw and I don't need them, better have velocity to get efficiency (economy) and good low down torque on two tonne wagon. There is a good conversation with NAAF on the matter in a recent post. 3" is purely noise. I agree, hold off on getting an off-the-shelf system for a 6.0, there's quite a bit to it and NOBODY offers the correct solution for daily driving a high performance heavyweight wagon.

I disagree. From the research I did, with the amount of torque an L98 puts out, 4-1 offers so much more benefit than a Tri-Y.

I have 4-1 1 7/8th Hurricane extractors on mine with a twin 2.5" system, tuned with OTR it made 265rwkw (manual) and is very ballsy at low revs.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Go see Andy at extracted performance exhausts in dandenong. He hand makes his entire systems and will make it to your exact specs. Much better quality then all the off the shelf systems you can get but you pay a bit more for it. Still cheaper than kpm and di fillipo. Look his page up on Facebook and watch some of his videos.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
nice boat mate and perfect colour for a viking. would have been good to see this at PM

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Go see Andy at extracted performance exhausts in dandenong. He hand makes his entire systems and will make it to your exact specs. Much better quality then all the off the shelf systems you can get but you pay a bit more for it. Still cheaper than kpm and di fillipo. Look his page up on Facebook and watch some of his videos.

Must be good if they got a magazine article.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Must be good if they got a magazine article.

I dunno cause of just being text on a page, I can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic.. haha
But imo they are very good which is why I have a one of his systems on my car.
Never heard a negative comment about his exhausts.