Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grill blackout

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Did you end up doing this? - just wondered how it turned out...
Yes .mate I removed the bars from the grill a bit fiddly but not to hard I thought they were metal but they are plastic got them done gloss black clipped them back in looks great alters the front totally.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i wrapped mine
wrap.jpg

there is a black edition so the black parts should be obtainable and the next time i am near the dealer i will see if i can order the black trims.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Another thing that needs a blackout is that stupid chrome trim around the shifter because it is annoying a/f with the sun reflecting on it.

I wrapped mine with a carbon fibre look wrap...
20201003-163051.jpg

gem87

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
I have a matte black sticker kit for the whole centre console to get rid of the chrome and piano black on the way from China

Ill post up how it goes

gem87

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
Have you fitted the sticker kit yet?

Yep, it absolutely sucked.

The kit made it seem like it was cut to size, but really it was oversized and meant you would have to completely pull apart the centre console to fold over the edges.

I ended up going with a metal "cover" instead of a sticker from AliExpress.

Works great. Scratches just as easily as the piano black, but at least it's cheap to replace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-110048~2.png
    Screenshot_20210102-110048~2.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 392

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Another thing that needs a blackout is that stupid chrome trim around the shifter because it is annoying a/f with the sun reflecting on it.

20201003-163051.jpg
I got to say, that actually looks really good. Nice job on that!

zbownerqld666

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Commodore

20201003-163051.jpg

Hi Stooge,

how did you go about getting the centre console trim out to wrap it? I'd like to do this to mine but am unsure how to pull it out and can't seem to find any info. Same with the chrome sections on the front bumper?

*** Edited to add I just found the workshop manuals you posted elsewhere in here so will try the steps in those as well ***

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi Stooge,

how did you go about getting the centre console trim out to wrap it? I'd like to do this to mine but am unsure how to pull it out and can't seem to find any info. Same with the chrome sections on the front bumper?

slide the shifter to N and at the top where the shifter slides forward and back put your finger in and pull up(towards the roof) and it should pop out.
be careful as under the panel that has P R N D there is a small cable that needs to be unplugged so dont go too crazy pulling it up.
once you unplug the cable and get the panel loose you then grab the shift knob and pull up and it will pop off with the panel and boot, you then unclip the chrome trim from the panel/boot part and wrap that chrome part.
trimup.jpg

the sections on the lower bumper are a little harder and require you to get in behind the bumper to release little tabs around the edges of the trim as you pull them out

behind the bumper, clips holding panels in
fpbh.jpg

again once you have the panel out you unclip the chrome part from the rest and wrap just the chrome part
fpct.jpg