Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grill blackout

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
Removing the entire piano black part of the center console isn't bad either. Doing so gives a pretty good look at the shifter bezel tabs and electrical connectors as well. I made a post with instructions and pictures on the Buick forum so I won't make duplicate posts, but here's the link (fixed, thanks @stooge):

Center Console Removal

P.S. When I took mine apart, I discovered one of the tabs on the shifter bezel was broken from the factory. Just be careful and take your time disassembling.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Removing the entire piano black part of the center console isn't bad either. Doing so gives a pretty good look at the shifter bezel tabs and electrical connectors as well. I made a post with instructions and pictures on the Buick forum so I won't make duplicate posts, but here's the link:

Center Console Removal

your link does not work for me when clicked

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Yes .mate I removed the bars from the grill a bit fiddly but not to hard I thought they were metal but they are plastic got them done gloss black clipped them back in looks great alters the front totally.
Can you share any tips on how you got the bars off the grill? I've been looking at it for a while now and I'cant figure out how to get them off without breaking something.
Cheers mate

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Can you share any tips on how you got the bars off the grill? I've been looking at it for a while now and I'cant figure out how to get them off without breaking something.
Cheers mate
Cheers mate
Hi mate lift the bonnet and remove the 7 press in clips holding the blank out in place remove the blank out you will see the the the small clips holding the bars in place push them down or up depending if top or bottom and push them out.you will have issues with the clips behind the air intake.small hands are a bonus.good luck .

Saffajosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 Commodore ZB RSV
Hi mate lift the bonnet and remove the 7 press in clips holding the blank out in place remove the blank out you will see the the the small clips holding the bars in place push them down or up depending if top or bottom and push them out.you will have issues with the clips behind the air intake.small hands are a bonus.good luck .
Thanks for the info so far. Got the top plate off but that’s as far as I can get. There are white tabs and black tabs inside but none seem to want to give. Which ones should I be trying to move?

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Thanks for the info so far. Got the top plate off but that’s as far as I can get. There are white tabs and black tabs inside but none seem to want to give. Which ones should I be trying to move?
Each bar has 4 clips they should be silver they are the ones you need to push out.be gentle as they are brittle

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
What are you guys using to black it out?
I am a hater when it comes to chrome in car. ( Few exceptions in black cars)

So was planning to plastidip all the chrome bits, including the rails.

Have anyone tried this?

Cheers!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
What are you guys using to black it out?
I am a hater when it comes to chrome in car. ( Few exceptions in black cars)

So was planning to plastidip all the chrome bits, including the rails.

Have anyone tried this?

Cheers!

i wrapped mine.
i found plastidip a bit crap especially once you get a stone chip it will begin to peel off with wind and rain on the front of the vehicle and it tends to fade from a nice black to a more of a dusty looking black.
plastidip can be touched up easier then wrapping and it is much easier to apply than wrap.

this is a pic of when i wrapped mine about 1 and a half years ago and it still looks pretty good aside from a couple of stone chips that are not really noticeable.
wrap.jpg

the chrome trim around the shifter needs to be wrapped too, it is horrible on sunny days.
i used a carbon fibre look wrap.
20201003-163051.jpg