Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grill blackout

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
What are you guys using to black it out?
I am a hater when it comes to chrome in car. ( Few exceptions in black cars)

So was planning to plastidip all the chrome bits, including the rails.

Have anyone tried this?

Cheers!
I removed the grill crossbars got a painter mate to paint them gloss black.i do like chrome but not those ugly cross bars.check out other comments here some people have used plastidip.

kwhelan

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
i wrapped mine.
i found plastidip a bit crap especially once you get a stone chip it will begin to peel off with wind and rain on the front of the vehicle and it tends to fade from a nice black to a more of a dusty looking black.
plastidip can be touched up easier then wrapping and it is much easier to apply than wrap.

this is a pic of when i wrapped mine about 1 and a half years ago and it still looks pretty good aside from a couple of stone chips that are not really noticeable.
wrap.jpg

the chrome trim around the shifter needs to be wrapped too, it is horrible on sunny days.
i used a carbon fibre look wrap.
20201003-163051.jpg
trying to black out my grille, have got the centre bars out ok but did you remove the grille completely to wrap or paint the chrome surround of the grill or did you just leave it in place, also for the front panel fake vents, did you remove those and seperate the parts or just wrap or paint them in place

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
trying to black out my grille, have got the centre bars out ok but did you remove the grille completely to wrap or paint the chrome surround of the grill or did you just leave it in place, also for the front panel fake vents, did you remove those and seperate the parts or just wrap or paint them in place

mine is a rs so it didnt have a chrome surround around the grille, all it had was the center bars and badge that were chrome.