Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grinding/scraping sound when reversing?

seasmi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Same here. Only noticed it recently and sounds a bit like a stick dragging under the passengers side. Only in reverse, with or without brakes and only when cold. Have it in to the dealer soon so they can have a look then! Auto by the way!

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Hmm... I will try that tomorrow morning & see if it works...

Mine is a manual though...?

VE60thLPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6oth anniversary LPG
Hay Guys In answer and what possible cause may be is the Exhaust Shrods seems tobe a common VE fault onece heated and the sheild is warmer the noise goes away I have this on my car and was found tobe Exhaust as I thought it was the auto trans turns out not not really a big job but HOLDEN didnt want todo the job as car was 4000ks out of warranty so they claim even thou the 60ths came with 5 year factory warranty. Good luck hope all goes well.

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
We have progress... I let my car sit for a few minutes this morning (even though it just about killed me as I was running late for work)... Reversed.. NO NOISE!

VE60thLPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6oth anniversary LPG
We have progress... I let my car sit for a few minutes this morning (even though it just about killed me as I was running late for work)... Reversed.. NO NOISE!

Thats Great probably coz you warmed it up and the heat sheild expanded and it was not that cold in pereth last nite as wat it has been keep an ee on it with the warmer months you may just be ok good luck thou.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I had that happen. Took me ages to sought out what it might have been but in the end it was a rubbish bin under the car. I must have backed over it... :whistling

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
I had that happen. Took me ages to sought out what it might have been but in the end it was a rubbish bin under the car. I must have backed over it... :whistling

You didn't manage to notice a rubbish bin under your car? What.....

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
Perfect excuse to put an exhaust on it now ;)

Not only will the noise disappear, but you'll get all the boys trying to race you at the lights in their V6's. Then you can give them a bit of girl power with your 6 litre :)

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Perfect excuse to put an exhaust on it now ;)

Not only will the noise disappear, but you'll get all the boys trying to race you at the lights in their V6's. Then you can give them a bit of girl power with your 6 litre :)

Haha, the best part of owning a clubsport is the looks from ppl when they see a girl driving it.

Even better when I take off at the lights & they see the baby toys swinging in the back window ;)

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
Haha, the best part of owning a clubsport is the looks from ppl when they see a girl driving it.

Even better when I take off at the lights & they see the baby toys swinging in the back window ;)

Haha nice! If I'm ever in Perth I know who not to gee up at the lights.

You should start a thread on your Clubby. They're a nice car ;)