Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

grounding wire

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
just a quick question, i want to re-do the the main ground wiring in the engine bay on a 5ltr (eg. battery-car, battery-engine, and engine-car) and wondering the best wire for it, was thinking maybe 4 gauge stereo cable but wasnt sure if that would be good enough so what would be the best to use and where can i get it?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
stereo cable should be used for what its made for stereo's, go to good auto elecy shop and get some 6 or 4 bns cable and lugs and get them to make some cables up for you which shouldn't be too expensive. as for stereo cable would you use that for your main cable to your starter motor? i doubt it so just stick to proper automotive battery cable

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
cheers mate :thumbsup: and thats why i asked cos i wasnt sure where i could get some proper cable

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
stereo cable works just fine, just use the appropriate size. for my battery-starter cable i used 35mm2welding flex, better then any factory fitted cable, ever. you just need to make sure you use high quality lugs to ensure a proper connection