Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Group C VK

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Hi, I have been building a VK SS Group A replica with a difference. Its got all the looks and features of a Bluey but has the Gene's of the MHDT VK Group C cars.
Basic build spec is Vk Royale donor, rebuilt and strong LV2, T5, hyd clutch, Vl V8 Calais disc brake LSD, VL front x-member and rack and pinion. 330mm brakes, externally adjustable Koni's and race springs and platforms. Adjustable anti-roll bars, reinforced full MHDT Group C body kit and 20"x 12"R and 20"x11" F wheels and 120 litre drop tank.
There's heaps more but you get the picture I am sure. The brief was to build a Group C road car version of the Race Cars. No roll cages or hotrod parts, the whole car is being built to replicate a road car of its era on Group C steroids.
I will load pictures during the next few weeks.

Last edited:

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Some older file pictures of the rear bumper with filled towbar and exhaust reliefs. New exhaust cutout further to the left of the original, shortened ends to accomodate the arch flares. Note the spare wheel well is gone and a new panel to house the rear muffler further out and allowing a 120 litre aluminium drop tank to be centred in the back.
Externally adjustable konis with internal droop control, race springs and platforms with full nolathane kit and all powder coated and cad plated parts. VL x-member and rack & pinion.
Fuel filler socket is moved rearward 260 mm and welded back into the rear 1/4 and the old position filled and welded up. The arch flare covers the filler door partially so it could not be opened to fill the tank without this done.
The whole brief of this build is for it to be as close as possible to what a factory Group C road car would have been.

Last edited:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
MAD AS ****!!! Make me want to keep my VK :(

murphy_51

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
:wax:this is mine:thumbsup:
MINE002.jpg

shannons005.jpg

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
:wax:this is mine:thumbsup:
MINE002.jpg

shannons005.jpg

Thats a VC group C wheel arch set old mate obviously. Not quite the same as the VK Group C (big Banger) but looks good.

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
looks good im putting a flare kit on my VH

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
hey.. it this body kit the same as he raced in as i need to find a body kit as im making a racer replica