Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Group C VK

coupe_60_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS or maybe a VK....soon
hey mate, looks great. if you do end up doin replicas i'd be keen. any price indication yet?

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Change of spec

I have had a change of mind this last few weeks and have now binned the 20"s.
With the race suspension setup in the car it will be too hard riding for use as a daily driver with wheels that size and 20 series tires.
It also would not have been a spec that the HDT would have run back in 1984.
So I have ordered up a set of AutoArt VY 3 piece rims, 18x11 rears and 18x9.5 fronts.
These rims look real similar to the Simmons rims of that era so should look more correct for this car.
I am hoping to have them by XMas however that is most likely not going to happen by the time they are made and shipped, so it is more than likely I wont be driving it this summer.
Going in to do more paint prep this morning, fit up the alloy drop tank etc

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
hey mate, looks great. if you do end up doin replicas i'd be keen. any price indication yet?

Thanks mate. I get alot of enquiry and interest on this car and the Big Banger Replica.
I dont anticipate getting too many real orders for them though due to the cost (which would have made these too expensive in 1984 to produce).
At this stage, they will run out at around the same money as a Brand new HSV.
Cheers Brad

coupe_60_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS or maybe a VK....soon
if i can get the cash it would be a dream come true. It's a true aussie icon! thanx mate, cant wait to see the finished product.

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
I am prepping, cleaning and masking the body tomorrow ready for final paint. I will get the body shell done on Wednesday and the kit and bumper, grille etc on Friday.
I will post some pic's with colour on shortly.

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
The body and doors are painted, black around the tail lamps and door shuts and I have finished the noise matt around the boot floor, rear 1/4's and rear seat bulkhead.
Drop tank is in and completely connected and finished.
Rear headrest mountings etc have been fitted and I am getting wiring in for the alarm and remote central locking etc. Doors will go on with new hinge pins tomorrow, Wiper mechanism, washer jets and tail lamps.

monsteroz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS ute and VC sedan
Hi guys,

Any updated pics?

Cheers

Sean

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Progress

Progressing daily. I have picked out the best door latches and electric window units, lubed them thoroughly and fitted them. Painted and fitted the outer door handles and locks and adjusted them. New central locking and immobiliser is in and wired. Check straps are lubed and installed and I have fitted some door wiring llom seals between the doors and pillars to properly seal the wiring so ewater cant track into the body etc as the old factory system was bad for.
New bailey channel and door rubbers are here now and I have the door glasses and new screen polished and ready to install this week.
Bellhousing and hydraulic thrust bearing is due this week so I can fit the engine and box for the final time and get it running.
We have been very busy at the company over the last couple of weeks so progress and pic's have been on the back burner but I will get them up to date later htis week all going well.
Cheers