Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Group C VK

greenvk355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK355+VS V6
looks great, cant wait to see more pics of replicas if any are produced...

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Business has been nuts the last couple of months so I have struggled to find time to post on here.
Here are some pic's of progress.
I have made a mould of the rear parcel tray and produced fibreglass replacements to finish the back shelf. They are a stronger and more permanent panel that fits perfectly and is the exact factory shape, rather than a flat board as alot of people do.
You can see the race front bumper retainers under the headlamps and on the front guards.
Drop tank and rear panhard bar are modified to get the 3" exhaust through the rear without any knocking.
The 18"x11" rears and 18"x9.5" front, WORK VS XX 3 piece rims, are due early February.
The car will be finished before then so I will make progress on the other 2x Commodore builds in the mean time.
I have started another VK Group C build now with a new twist. I will not post details of the build here until it is nearly finished, to avoid having the idea poached again, like this one was but it will be unique.

Last edited:

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Picture of the wheels I am waiting for.
Wanted a wheel that looked like the old 80's style Simmons style race wheels to keep it retro.
What do you all think?

Last edited:

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
its gonna look soooo good haha thats all i can say

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Punching on with small jobs. Power steer pump and brackets are painted and going on with stainless steel bolts and washers.
Rear window in and sorting the engine wiring.
The new, tall, aluminium, valve covers are resting on the VT Brake booster so I will take them off and fit the original tin valve covers tomorrow and check for clearance for the roller rockers at full lift.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
got any new piks mate

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Some pictures from last month

Here is some pic's I thought I had allready loaded.
Keen to hear people's thoughts on the engine colour.
I first did a 308 that colour nearly 20 years ago on stroker I built for a UC Sunbird/SLR 5000 replica.
Really adds a modern theme to the engine and looks lighter, cleaner and detail is clearer.
If you look hard the cylinder numbers part number and firing order on the inlet manifold are painted black for example.
Note the hydraulic clutch master cyl tucked in to the firewall.
Hyd thrust bearing due tomorrow from the USA so no more clutch fork etc and will tdy up the underneath too.
Drop tank is cut away for the 3" exhaust.

Last edited:

murphy_51

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
looking real good bradj i like the engine colour looks real clean