Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GTA 4 Help

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey guys...

For the first time in a LONG time I did the right thing and bought a game.

it was GTA 4...

Other than I got farily frustrated with the endless updates and registration I had to go through... now I'm frustrated at how cr@p it runs!

Now I understand I only have a e6600 processor... but I'm trying to run it on medium and low setting and it runs like a dog!

Which annoys me since I run games like COD4 COD5 Crysis, Crysis Warehead and GRID racer all maxed out and they run smooooooth!

I have a e6600 which is a bit old but then i have a 9800gtx+ 512mb and 4gb of RAM.

I downloaded the patch which I will install tonight and see if that helps but after reading a few posts here and there apparently it does sweet bugger all?

WTF? Anyone have any luck getting this game running smooth or smooth-er?

One post mentioned rolling back my video card drivers to 181.20.

Thanks.

PS, anyone know how to configure how slow the camera rotates to follow the character?

Driving it so annoying... i turn a corner and I'm looking at the side of the car! It's a 3 hand affair at the moment... 2 hands for driving... and a third for moving the camera with the mouse!

Grrr!

mcrow5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
to run gta4 nicely your gonna need to get a quad core processor. gta4 is THE most cpu intensive game out there at the moment, and people who have changed from a fast dual core to a slower quad core have seen huge improvements. also, your graphics card isnt the best, people who have a 4870 or gtx260 still cant play gta4 on max settings.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok... so basically... GTA is just another f@rk up when port to PC.

Just so annoying... like... say COD4 and 5... sensational graphics... not much worse than the GTA graphics...

And I play them maxed out while GTA I can barely sorta play on minimum settings...

Ok, thanks anyway guys... looks like I will have to upgrade to a QUAD at some point soon...

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
ya its a resource hog.

they must have had so many returns of gta4 cause most people cant run it. i can play it at 12fps best

with:512mb geforce 8600m gs, 4gb ram, core 2 duo 1.88

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... I got it from GAME so no returns on PC games...

Just have to update the PC and claim it on tax... Cause I do some work from home... :p

mcrow5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
they must have had so many returns of gta4 cause most people cant run it. i can play it at 12fps best

with:512mb geforce 8600m gs, 4gb ram, core 2 duo 1.88

no wonder your getting a crap fps, cpu is mediocre at best and really slow for games), and your graphics card is pretty bad if you play games.

if you do wanna upgrade, then get an e5200, and a second hand 8800gt, 9800gtx+. you'll notice a significant increase in performance.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
no wonder your getting a crap fps, cpu is mediocre at best and really slow for games), and your graphics card is pretty bad if you play games.

if you do wanna upgrade, then get an e5200, and a second hand 8800gt, 9800gtx+. you'll notice a significant increase in performance.

It would prob be a bit hard for him to upgrade it, those look like laptop specs to me!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Console gaming FTW :p

$600 on hardware which is guaranteed to last you at least 3 years without running new games like a dog.