Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GTO rear speakers

myhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VZ GTO
I have successfully, (many thanks to all that replied and helped me out), replaced my front tweeters and subs in the doors via cross overs.
Does anyone know what and how to remove the speakers in the side panels of a GTO and I assume, it is probably the same in a Monaro?
They look as if they would be a 4" and from the sound coming from them, I would guess they have a capacitor attached to allow mid frequency output. Technically, it seems the coupes have a 3 speaker split system.
If i replace these units I assume I would need to keep the capacitor attached as my crossovers are only for two speakers, or, purhcase a 3 split crossover.
Any help would be appreciated.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Im not sure how likely it is that you ahve a 3way system, more likely that the 4" are full range, for rear passengers, though im really not sure. Im pretty sure that stonex (or i may be confusing him with someone else) has done a monaro install, so he might be able to help you.

cv8monro

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 v2 series 2
Im not sure how likely it is that you ahve a 3way system, more likely that the 4" are full range, for rear passengers, though im really not sure. Im pretty sure that stonex (or i may be confusing him with someone else) has done a monaro install, so he might be able to help you.

Im doing a cv8n install ATM 6" two ways in back , 6" subs on rear parcel shelf