Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GTS or Clubby + Calais or Caprice wanted for Wedding duties. Will pay $

inmaniac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 3.6
Hey guys!

I don't frequent here much, I'm a JDM man :p However, my Mrs really loves her Holdens and we're after TWO cars for our upcoming wedding. I was hoping I could find a couple of people here willing to help out our day in return for some cash and our eternal gratitude! I will list what we're after below and the basic details:

Details (Let's chat privately for specifics)
Date: Friday March 26th, 2021
Duties: You arrive in Kiama no later than 1pm. Once in Kiama, there will be less than 100km of driving and you'll be done by 6pm.

Car 1
Model: VF GTS or Clubsport
Colour: Must be WHITE
Notes: No stickers or vinyls. Rims and loud exhausts are encouraged but not a requirement! Must be KLEEEEEN.

Car 2
Model: VF Calais or Caprice
Colour: Grey, Silver, Gold or similar
Notes: No stickers or vinyls. Preferably close to stock but not a requirement. Must be clean.

~~~

This is a serious request and I would really appreciate any help with this. If you know anyone who could help please tag. As mentioned, happy to discuss a rate with you for your service! Feel free to shoot me a message here or email j.inman(at)eslgaming(dot)com

**Mods please move if require but appreciate any help!

Thanks guys!

EDIT: In case it's not clear, I don't need to take your car and drive ourselves, I'm assuming the owner will drive :p

Last edited:

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

inmaniac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 3.6
Thanks Subju, and appreciate your input.

Although flexible and open to negotiate, I was hoping to get the cars for around $400/day each. Not sure if that's fair but it's what I'm aiming for. If anyone is interested please hit me up!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I assume there are still physical HSV clubs around?

Car clubs often have a way to contact members who're interested in doing this sort of thing, and given the amount of time a car-proud HSV enthusiast is likely to put into detailing their car for everyone to admire, I reckon you get pretty good value for your money with one of those people. :)

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I assume there are still physical HSV clubs around?

Car clubs often have a way to contact members who're interested in doing this sort of thing, and given the amount of time a car-proud HSV enthusiast is likely to put into detailing their car for everyone to admire, I reckon you get pretty good value for your money with one of those people. :)

Based on the HSV clubs I've seen around here, all the Vic guys will have polished their cars away by now!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The problem you will have though is you have to pay someone to drive it as well as I doubt they will allow you drive their baby.
With things like this, it's expected the owner does the driving, for exactly that reason!

Ultimately, I'd doubt that anyone is going to drive for near 10 hours as well as hire their car for $400. They will use close to $100 in fuel alone coming up from Sydney and back.
Again, it's expected. They're not driving for 10hrs, it's probably about 5 at most (remembering that an enthusiast is going to be enjoying that drive) & they're waiting for photos to be taken etc. It only ever works because people are proud of their cars & want others to appreciate them; the money's just a token of appreciation.
Plus as the car owners you'd expect cake. Cake would have to be in the deal.

inmaniac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 3.6
Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah look, I've seen a lot of people make requests like this just for the love lmao, or for fuel money and some nice photos of their cars on the day etc. I understand $400 might be cheap for a pro, but tha'ts why I've come to a community forum and not to a professional wedding car business or agency :)

If anyone would normally take out their car on the weekend for a spin I would see this as a win win for them!

Anyway please let me know if you might be interested, cheers.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I thought it was clear that the owner would be the driver, but in case not, that is indeed what I intended.