Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GTS-R a reality, gets LS9

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Nearly pulled the trigger on a low km W427 last year but I think I'll park my cash in this when it comes!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You might want to act fast, if the rumours are true about GM only having a handful of LS9 engines available & hence there being maybe only 200 of them.
Those people who're trying to shift a W427 on CarSales for ~$100k would be saying D'OH!! a lot ...

QAR

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS-V Wagon
As brilliant as this will be, if it were truly an "order of magnitude" over the Ford it would have 3.51 Megawatts :idea3:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
"I just want one"

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
It will want to have 11's from the factory with 305's to try and get the power down as I hear the current GTS smokes them real easy as is......

Well over 100K for an LS9 GTS with 476kw, perhaps a savvy buyer takes a very low kay current model for 75K (there's plenty for sale) with all the same running gear apart from the LS9 and merely throws 8K at a walky 507 pack or even less if they want to put together their own an air intake, a set of 4 into 1's, cats and a good mafless tune and hey presto you have more than an LS9 anyway... for a few grand on top of your savvy purchase price. New LS9 cams are cheap too if you want to wack that in your LSA. Ok, it doesn't have a 2.3L charger but just saying....

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
LS9 is a hand built engine, out of the crate its $21.5k USD from GM. It would be tough to build up an LSA to match what the LS9 will be able to bring to the table.
Lingefelter sell an up spec crate LS9 for $36k USD. Would be tempting to get one and wedge into Series 1 Gen F GTS...

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

"I Just Want One".

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Meh

10chars

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
LS9 is a hand built engine, out of the crate its $21.5k USD from GM. It would be tough to build up an LSA to match what the LS9 will be able to bring to the table.
Lingefelter sell an up spec crate LS9 for $36k USD. Would be tempting to get one and wedge into Series 1 Gen F GTS...
Surely you can get another ~9% power out of an LSA without needing to spend $22k?

Obviously then you have to compare to what happens doing the same to an LS9, then look at the resale value of a stock version of the last & best Commodore ever, etc etc. But "crate motors" are pretty expensive, just because they carry the "factory" label (& I guess warranty).