Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GTS seat foam

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
That’s good if you want to look like your trying turn an SS into a fake HSV.

In the end a HSV is a commodore but with more specs. So me adding HSV seats does not make my car into a fake HSV.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I am thinking of 7aing pro seat too. Do you have pics?
They weren't ready in time for my last trip to Bris. They're booked in for next week. There's pictures from Aug 26 on his facebook page of a white Clubsport.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Isn't putting in GTS foams onto a VF seat rail the same thing?
Its probably a jealous users who is trolling that we can afford to do the upgrade. In the end I bought my car around late 2014 and if the R8 wasn't $70k plus back then I would have bought it.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
So I've done about 6000km in the new seats, here's my observations. First off I'll give the coverings an 8.5/10. There is an imperfection in the right drivers bolster that I didn't look for when I picked it up and very slight variation in the puffiness of the diamonds between bolsters and flat sections.
If you sit in the lowest driving position, you will notice you can't get quite as low, I was worried to start with, but the foam has softened nicely and I'm used to the few mm higher that I feel I'm sitting. Lumbar adjustment range isn't as pronounced. Front passenger seat does not fold forward as far. My favorite board is now a pain in the arse to get in. If you really want to be locked in or are on the smaller side, get some alcantara/suede on the back at least. If you want absolute perfection and no custom layouts, buy mint seats from HSV's. Overall, I wouldn't change my configuration. I did 4500km in 5 days of driving and had no pain and suffering, they were really comfortable. I did 5 minutes in the original Redline seats and couldn't wait to get out of them! In summary, expensive but worth it.

Attachments

• 20190802_084006 (2).jpg
    20190802_084006 (2).jpg
    369 KB · Views: 428
  • 20190802_084206 (2).jpg
    20190802_084206 (2).jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 446

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
That’s good if you want to look like your trying turn an SS into a fake HSV.
what difference does it make to what he does, his money, his car, his business! I didn't see any hsv badge on them by the way.

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Can anyone let me know if anyone is doing this in and around Sydney.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Can anyone let me know if anyone is doing this in and around Sydney.
there were guys doing it at moorebank when i was enquiring a few years ago. .. i think it was just upholstery i talked to?
i never proceeded due to change in life priorities.