Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GTS tail lights on VE

emp69

Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfieldonline.com
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I'm a new owner of a VE V and just love this car!

My question to this great group is can we fit the GTS led tail lights and if so where do you get them?

If this is a dumb question sorry... I will post some photos soon.

Regards,
Troy

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Without actually physically looking at the car it may be possible to change over the whole corner piece, but you would have to find some or get the genuines from Holden.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You will most likely need a new bumper as the tail lights go into a recess in the bumper from memory. You will also need a capping piece for the top of the light, oh, and they're about $700 a piece from memory for the tail lamps

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
I think you'll need to cut into the metal work to punch out suitable holes. and then cap and fill the section where the original lights come out of.

you can buy the lights here here thopugh : Preformance HSV

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
vedesktopback.jpg

Notice how around the taillight there is a plastic section, this will also be needed to make the light fit. Wont need to cut any metal i dont believe, but will need to get the plastic piece.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Sounds good. I know it is possible. Let us know how you go. i've seen an omega completly transformed cosmetically into a hsv exterior.

As you will see by the above pic The hsv bumper will need to be purchased, as well as the lights which are about 700 or 800 each, and the corner panels, i assume you will have to go to holden to get them, i haven't seen them anywhere else.

emp69

Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfieldonline.com
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Looks to be a very big job, may have to re think this, maybe I will look at getting some SS tail light and add LED's to that? I am sure my wife would not approve of the "cutting" part :)

Any one done this?

Thanks again for the great responses.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Just looked at the photos - great looking Calais - black with leather - Yum.

I doubt to many people would have done the GTS tail lights as yet ($700 each - ouch).

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
Notice how around the taillight there is a plastic section, this will also be needed to make the light fit. Wont need to cut any metal i dont believe, but will need to get the plastic piece.

yes but the electrics etc have to go somewhere. I doubt that the regular chassis will have the HSV position holes cut out, and similarly I wouldn't expect the HSV's to have holes in the regular light positions. There's probably be some kind of pattern there though. I just think having holes in the metal (for the cabling to go through, and bulb swaps) that aren't then filled with the light cluster would lead to leaks etc - and therefore I doubt it is done that way.
Looking at the photo, it would appear at least, that the rear bumper 'stops' half way up the light. which means you need a bit for the top where the normal lights go (or I guess you could disconnect the normal lights, rough 'em up and spray over the top??).

I wonder whether you'd need the inside plastic bit for the boot as well? I mean given the rear of the light cluster is in a different position - not sure if the plastic lining in the boot is common.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
The HSV has three bolts in a triangle to bolt the light assembly into the chassis. I Imagine the non-HSV would have the same holes in the chassis (it would be too much to change otherwise). Keep in mind that if you buy the LED tail lamps you will also need a small indicator module which sits in the cap above each lamp. Unsure of pricing.