Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guard Issue

WhiteVS

Stockish
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sacked VT Berlina
Okay guys heres my issue,
the other day at my mates house while bored we decided to take out our rear springs out for a giggle and a photo. now we both have vs seris 1's.
when he took his out there was no issue with the guards touching the tyres on both sides.

when we took mine out the driver side rear sat fine but the other side was on the guard no room at all for the tyre to move :bang: (if i had of moved it the tyre would have ****ed up quick)..

could there be a problem with maybe the diff being longer on that side or someone down the track has swaped diffs n didnt put the right one in etc

??

any help would be great,
cheers.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
does your friend have irs or a adjustable panhard rod that has been adjusted for lowered springs.?
But if you take your springs out yes the diff will move sideways on a commodore with a solid rear end and a irs set up will have lots of camber

WhiteVS

Stockish
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sacked VT Berlina
nope, both live axel. and we both have standard shocks, only difference is he has pedders super lows and i have kings lows.

even when i look at the wheels with springs in you can tell the drivers rear sits in more than the other side.

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
You have to buy a new pan rod (adjustable) bought mine from Pedders they were cheaper than K-Mac. I lowered my VS Live axle 25-30 mm and the left rear tyre started to rub inside of rear left gaurd. When i hade passengers in back and luggage in boot! car would bottom out and then the tyre would rub, loud scrapping noise and tyre damage. Pan Rod Easy to install and adjust.

Last edited:

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
You should put in new short stroke shocks front and back as they will bottom out and fail soner or later.

WhiteVS

Stockish
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sacked VT Berlina
i have had my car on 'lows' for over 2 years and have never experienced the problems you have pointed out.

the issue doesnt bother me that much as im not planning to go any lower and will be selling the car sometime this year anyway. Just wanted to know why mine would do it and his wouldnt.