Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guard Rolling in Melbourne?

Breno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder SS
hey,

just upgraded to a black vz ss thunder ute.... coming from a storm 6 ute its totally worth it.:yeah:

its already on 20s and lowered but already noticed that the rear guards arnt rolled and sometimes causes a bit of scrubbing under heavy acceleration.

So the first thing i want to get done is to have the rear guards rolled professionally (not damaging the paint) as it is my pride and joy.

Can any one recommend a quality place or guy in melbourne and prices??

did some thread searching and couldnt find an exact answer or it was really old.

only good guy ive heard of so far is ' low down guard rolling' located in tullamarine. Any one had any experience with these guys?

cheers.

Andy Buerckner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Maloo R8
Just read this thread as im looking for a good guard roller as well... need my Maloo done at the rear, maybe the front as well. Do you know if your mate in Epping would do it for me and when you say $100..do you mean $50 a corner or $100 a corner?

Cheers guys
Andy

allanssv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
the tyre factory or something in thomastown.
50 bucks a guard and they didnt crack my paint =]

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
i do gaurd rolling for 50 a gaurd. usualy 140 a pair.im in noble park but can do mobile at a axtra small cost

Andy Buerckner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Maloo R8
Yeah i went with Gavin from LowDown Guard Rolling and he was definately good... recommend him for sure.

I manged to fit 10.5 rears on my VY Maloo :)

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
I have a vz thunder on 20's and it doesn't scrub on the guards it hits the fwd inner edge of the wheel arch, before you get them rolled check where it is actually hitting to avoid dissapointment after getting them rolled and still scrubbing. What size tyre are you running on the 20's? it may just be that it is too big. Not saying not to get them rolled, I would strongly recommend it. Just check out the other stuff too.

dynamik

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD Kitted VXII Berlina
The tyre factory at Thomastown are now charging $60 per guard. But over the phone they say they cant roll back my front guards, only my rear ones. Apparently their machines wont fit on the front guards or something. They also said they cant guarantee they wont damage my paint. So who the hell is going to get it done with them?!

Does anyone know someone who can roll my guards for a decent price? I just bought 20" rims for my VX berlina. Two have tyres that are 245's and the other two have 225's. Can someone please help, I'm so frustrated having my rims just sitting in my backseat cause I don't know anyone who can put em in and roll the guards for a decent price. I only got $150-200 to work with. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ScufVZwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX8
Iv been wanting to organis a guard rolling day in geelong at my place