Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guard rolling

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
i'm buying some lowered springs off a friend as soon as he gets them out of his car, they're pretty low and i have 17's so i'll want my guards rolled.
How much would it roughly cost to get my VK's guards rolled?
Any info is cool

admiral8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais
Hey mate,

Nice ride, had one just like it when I was on my P's.

I wouldn't worry too much about the tyers rubbing on the guards if your going as low as you say you are.

My current Vk sits about 1cm over the tyre (im running 225's all round) at the front and about the same on the back. I drive it every day and dont have too many problems. you just have to be carefull when going over speed humps and drive real slow when the wheels are at full lock. Other than that she's fine.

sorry I cant help with the guard rolling.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'd try it first, if it rubs put on your old tyres.

If the vk is anything like the vl in the guards apparently rolling won't help much, but will help a little bit. 50 dollars a corner should get it done for you.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
VK Guard rolling...

VK_308 said:
i'm buying some lowered springs off a friend as soon as he gets them out of his car, they're pretty low and i have 17's so i'll want my guards rolled.
How much would it roughly cost to get my VK's guards rolled?
Any info is cool
I'm going to lower my V8 Calais.Rather than go the whole hog & op 4 the super lows, I'm just gunna go with lows.Superlows are nice but have a magnetic attraction to the filth.I've seen many a nice Commy advertised in the trading post complete with a yellow canary on it 4 ride height.:cry:

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
308vkcalais said:
I'm going to lower my V8 Calais.Rather than go the whole hog & op 4 the super lows, I'm just gunna go with lows.Superlows are nice but have a magnetic attraction to the filth.I've seen many a nice Commy advertised in the trading post complete with a yellow canary on it 4 ride height.:cry:

yeah but too low is an easy defect to pass..
i wont be throwing my old springs away

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Correct me if I'm wrong here your an Adelaide lad, but a ride height defect means a visit to Regency Park, that black hole where defected cars go & are neva seen agen.Once an appointment is made down there with the "Detectives" you'll wind up with a few more defects & they'll give you a bill for the privilge.I'm not tempting fate & my car's been rebuilt underneath, front to rear.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
ive recently put 17x8 wheels on and lowered my car and i need 2 roll my rear guards as they scrape, the front 1's arent a problem, so if any1 has any suggestions, that would be great

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
I'm in NSW and dont know of any guard rollers in other states but there are several professionals in Sydney that can do it without damaging paint.

Google it
Kain

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
well my car has cut springs in the rear and they only rub when i have ppl in the back
there only 3 coils :D (i will be getting king springs when i get the money)