Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guide Me

2stroksmokr

Reaction score
Members Ride
NILL
Hey all,

New user here just sold my 67 HR got 12,000 for her and converting to the ute side, was sick of being a taxi ha. Ah now I'm new to the whole "new" car technology / mechanic side.

Currently I'm looking at the VZ range, I'm willing to spend up to 20,000 but was more looking at the 17ish mark. Now is it a better choice for me going for a VZ? As I was reading it was the year they introduced the new alloytech. I was going to buy a VY II but after reading they have the ecotech engines still half turned me off.

Any suggestions further reads anything anyone can point me to? Also mods what could be done to improve anything on the VZ in time or what not and what is the difference between VZ and VZ VZ MY06

Thanks

Last edited:

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
the thing is do u prefer the ecotech or the alloytech personally i prefer the ecotech which is why i got the vy instead of the vz but its up to you in any case

2stroksmokr

Reaction score
Members Ride
NILL
May I ask why you got a ecotech over a alloytech?

I thought due to being older tech, it would be smarter to get the newer alloytech? Whats it advantages / disadvantages

Please correct me.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
the ecotech is older but hes been developed more, i dont really know much about it, i havent really heard many bad things about the alloytech as such,i could be wrong but im pretty sure the ecotech had more torque then the alloytech

2stroksmokr

Reaction score
Members Ride
NILL
Thanks for all the info I'm leaning towards getting a VY II S instead of a VZ, just due to the fact i'll be getting a more 'luxury' car than a base stock Vz for that price.

Anyone who has a VY hit us up cash sale :D. About to join the ranks

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
pretty much that the alloytech is a newer technology ecotech had been around awhile its been changed for the vy so is actually different to the vt one and such not by alot but yea