Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guide to removing vy/vz steering wheel

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
let me know what they changed.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
thats cool i got mine straight anyway.
cheers

fluxwildlyuncut

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SVZ
Hey fellas, just after a bit of advice getting the 4 clips off at the back of the steering wheel to get the airbag off. I tried the other day and couldnt get them off.

which way do the clips need to be pulled. for example, the 2 clips closest to the drivers side door, do you pull the clips towards or away from that door? just wasnt sure which way they were ment to go so tried both and still couldnt get the airbag off. any advice would be helpful.
Cheers!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hey fellas, just after a bit of advice getting the 4 clips off at the back of the steering wheel to get the airbag off. I tried the other day and couldnt get them off.

which way do the clips need to be pulled. for example, the 2 clips closest to the drivers side door, do you pull the clips towards or away from that door? just wasnt sure which way they were ment to go so tried both and still couldnt get the airbag off. any advice would be helpful.
Cheers!

If you use a flatblade screwdriver just put it in and turn the screwdriver either way whilst gently pulling the airbag towards the drivers seat until you feel it come free. Repeat the process for each one and you're done:thumbsup:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I managed to change the spokes to satin chrome without taking the wheel off by taking off the steering column covers and pushing back the cover behind the steering wheel. Had to twist the cover to one side but it avoided all the hassle of taking the wheel off.
Still had to take off the air bag though:cry:

Great write up, Juzo:thumbsup:
I had to remove my steering wheel a couple of weeks ago to fit the satin chrome spokes, had no problems.:D

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
bought the spokes, went to put it on my wheel to find that the spokes on my wheel is one piece:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

anyone know if the one piece spokes can be replaced

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
hey guys can u put a vy-vz steering weel on a vs without airbags?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
bought the spokes, went to put it on my wheel to find that the spokes on my wheel is one piece:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

anyone know if the one piece spokes can be replaced

hey guys can u put a vy-vz steering weel on a vs without airbags?

Sorry, i know these are late replies but they may help others.:D

Tuttle, no. You must have the rubber spokes so you'll need to get a leather wheel.

And for the vs ute, not 100% sure but my guess would be no to that too.

sincy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
i saw this question asked on the previous page and dont think it was answered, but can will a VY steering wheel fit onto a VZ.. i would of assumed yes, but a couple of ebay ads say no, a VY will only fit on a VY..
are these right or wrong??