Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guide to removing vy/vz steering wheel

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Well i put one in my mothers acclaim and it was out of a vy. From memory i had to use the file to shave a bit off the back of the wheel.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Have to give credit to Juzo who wrote up this instruction, followed your instructions and I must say went without a hitch. Thanks mate, you saved my $120.00 from Holden by giving accurate step by step instructions with pictures to assist. Recognition is deserved for your efforts.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Have to give credit to Juzo who wrote up this instruction, followed your instructions and I must say went without a hitch. Thanks mate, you saved my $120.00 from Holden by giving accurate step by step instructions with pictures to assist. Recognition is deserved for your efforts.

You're welcome mate, use the cash to buy some slabs ok:beer chug:

05 magnum

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
i saw this question asked on the previous page and dont think it was answered, but can will a VY steering wheel fit onto a VZ.. i would of assumed yes, but a couple of ebay ads say no, a VY will only fit on a VY..
are these right or wrong??

i have just done the steering wheel swap on my vz ute thanks for the tips very easy to do after all.one thing i have found is there is a slite deference between vy to vz steering wheel in regards how the wiring loom is held in place.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
lol just make sure before you start taking your steering wheel off, YOU HAVE THE SOCKET! and not ASSUME that you have it. i took my airbag off and got to the bolt, i brought my sockets out n i go F***! so i have to go buy one today from super cheap or something. and it pisses you off hearing the airbag warning going off every 1 minute

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Does anyone know if the stereo controls can be changed with just the airbag removed, but steering wheel still on? Doing this tomorrow.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
yeh you can mate. just takes a bit longer cause you gotta properly feed the wires through n stuff. just take your time and youll be fine !
also guys, when installing the airbag bag into the steering wheel, can anything make the bag deploy??

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
yeh you can mate. just takes a bit longer cause you gotta properly feed the wires through n stuff. just take your time and youll be fine !
also guys, when installing the airbag bag into the steering wheel, can anything make the bag deploy??

K, thank you. The how to says that it's just the reverse order to refit the airbag, so if battery's still disconnected and fuse out, then shouldn't deploy.... I would hope Lol.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
lmao yeh true. alrite ill do it tommorow and if i end up in hospital with a smashed in face, ill let u guys know lol