Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GunnVK 5 Litre Project

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
304 is home and waiting for a rebuild. Got an engine crane for a while so the 202 will be coming out.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Update- Started pulling apart the 202 disconnecting everything. Also got myself a T700 :)

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Haven't been on here in a while. Been a bit busy with work and my other car. Anyway going to try and get the 202 out this weekend. Also going to start at rounding up some parts. I have done a bit of research and here is a list I come up with:

- VL Turbo Diff
- VN-VS brake upgrade and booster
- V8 Tail Shaft, front half from VN-S rear half VK
- VS Series 2 Fuel tank IRS
- VN V8 K Frame
- VN-S Steering rack
- VL intermediate Steering shaft
- Exhaust setup to suit
- VK V8 3 Core radiator
- Air Box Setup from 5L
- New springs

Is there anything I may have missed? My mate wrecks V6 VS-Rs to get the motor for his race car so can I get all the VN-S parts from one of them or do some parts have to be specifically from say a VN, Eg: a VS steering rack won't work with a VN V8 K frame.

Thanks!

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
No worries, appreciate it. Yeah I heard the k frame will work but does the VN k frame give better clearance for the headers? Also will a VN-S power steering rack go onto the VK k frame?

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Oh really? So if I keep the original K frame and steering rack that means i won't need the vl intermediate steering shaft? But I'll have to modify the end of the power steering lines from the VN ones coming from the power steering pump to the vk steering rack?

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Oh really? So if I keep the original K frame and steering rack that means i won't need the vl intermediate steering shaft? But I'll have to modify the end of the power steering lines from the VN ones coming from the power steering pump to the vk steering rack?
hey mate how are ya!
with the pwr steering pump and rack, when i did my conversion (5.0L into VH) the mechanic fitted braided hoses and speedflow connections into the pump and rack. my pumps driver side mount so its a direct run straight to the pump...no dramas at all..cheeper to do it that way than to get new lines made...looks neater imo too

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Yeah good thanks mate! That sounds like the way to go, thanks for the tip, seems like alot less stuffing around. So obviously you kept the original vh pws rack and k frame?