Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GunnVK 5 Litre Project

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
cant you use the vk pump and bracket?

Haha you tell me, I'm not 100% sure. So if I keep the vk pws rack and k frame setup and get the pacemaker headers will I get enough clearance? Iv read people burning out seals in the power steering racks due to the heat from the exhaust?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Haha you tell me, I'm not 100% sure. So if I keep the vk pws rack and k frame setup and get the pacemaker headers will I get enough clearance? Iv read people burning out seals in the power steering racks due to the heat from the exhaust?

I can vouch for that

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Got some work done today :) first time iv pulled a motor out, went pretty well, no major issues.
c8c6e336.jpg

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Bit of an update, picked up a front assembly from a VP v8 today. Got the k frame, power steering rack, struts with springs, control arms, rotors and calipers. Now from what I know It can pretty much go straight in? Is it wider than the vk or do I need to change the lower control arms over to the vk ones? And the steering rack ends?

Thanks!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
A vp front track is the same as a VK so it fine to put the whole VP front end straight in.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Yeah i thought so just wanted to double check. Thanks mate!

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Another update just bringing home a few parts at the moment. Picked up a 28 Spline borg Warner diff from a VL 5L, pretty much brand new pair taillights and washer/ coolant bottle and a 1" master and booster :)

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Should be getting a few more parts this weekend. Hopefully getting v8 radiator, tailshaft, fuel tank (maybe A drop tank), vl intermediate steering shaft and some headlights in better nic then my ones now. Also been looking at options for my motor. Leaning towards a single turbo set up :) been doing a fair bit of research lately and have gotten onto a guy that can make up a turbo kit for me manifolds and all so im 90% sure I'll be heading down that road, not sure if I should keep it injected or switch to carby.