Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GunnVK 5 Litre Project

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate I think the VP rack is an issue. It has a different connection to the steering shaft. I reckon you will need to source a VN rack and a VL intermediate shaft. Well this is the case on the V6s anyway not sure of the V8s. What gearbox are you going to run? It is not on your list and you will probably need one.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Oh I didn't realise that. Damm hopefully it does work. If not I'll have to find a vn one. Thanks for the heads up. As for gearbox I'm running a T700, Which I have already. May have mentioned that on the first page :)

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I just modified the VP shaft, all you have to do is remove the top uni and fit a VK one, pretty much the same as removing unis on a tailshaft, all fits together sweet.
IMG_4780.jpg

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
I don't have the VP one. Just the original vk. This is the end of my power steering rack.
46ed6288.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Buy a Vp one and put the vk steering wheel uni end on it or just use a vl power steer shaft with a vn rack as suggested.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Mmm the rack I have is in pretty good nic so I might just keep it and get a vp shaft. Thanks mate.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Ok so another update iv changed my mind on the motor setup, been talked out of it, Scrapping the EFI turbo and going a 355 stroker/ carby setup. Reason being cars only gonna be driven on weekends so everyday reliability is not an issue and want to keep some of the originality of the car. Anyway should I hang onto the motor I have and take the injected setup off and swap it with a manifold and carby or get rid of it and buy a black 308 and get the work done to it? I'll hang onto the VN heads though and put them on. I know that it will be easier to get registered with the 308 or I was told I can go buy a black 308 block and grind the numbers of it and put them on my 304 block (not sure how legal that is lol). What would be the best way to go about this.