Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GunnVK 5 Litre Project

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Hi guys!
This is my VK Berlina, was my first car and my daily but has been replaced by a Ford XR6 (can I say that on here lol). But I wanna give the k another chance and turn it into a 5 litre cruiser. It is currently a carbie 202 but is going to be taken out and replaced with a 304 EFI. Here is just a quick pic of her. She's in pretty good nic for a 26yr old car. The car next to mine is my brothers that he was going to do up but lost interest which means I'm going to try and poach all the stuff he bought for it such as an SLE maroon interior and VT brake upgrade. Anyway here's a start to my build thread, it's going to be a long slow process but it will be done!

0646ccf3.jpg

Cheers!

ChoCo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac L67
looks good has it got any rust in it?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Choco94- It has very little rust, just in the bottom of the doors and boot floor, but that's it. Nothing that's gonna be to hard to repair.

Ari- Yeah he is wanting to get rid of it, it's only a roller not motor or trans. I'll have a chat to him. Yeah I like the wheels, bit like the internationals but just cheaper lol. I'll get a few more pics up hopefully tonight of the rust.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
A few pics sorry about the poor quality pics

Roof paint condition, the car hasnt been cleaned in months
e4966750.jpg

Now the rust
Boot (the worst bit)
4078b81e.jpg

The worst door
3de51e9d.jpg

2972a3da.jpg

And the only spot i can see externally about 5mm wide
fc808be7.jpg

Once i start pulling panels off ill know if its worse

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
thats a pretty clean looking vk you got there. apart from the 5L heart transplant, you got any other major plans for it? the vt brake upgrade sounds like a good idea. if that shell is in good condition ari666 would be very keen on it, he's after a decent vh shell to put his running gear in from his vk

kwakaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina / VZ Calais / GSX750F
Looks sweet, same color as mine! The wheels look nice on it, gives it that 'calais' look!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looks like a very neat car mate. Keep us updated with the pics.

GunnVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 5L Project
Razza- Um not at the moment just wanting to get the conversion done first. So I'm thinking a 5 speed manual, with the VT twin piston brake upgrade and a 10 bolt Salisbury or vl turbo diff whichever I can find first and the SLE Interior. Then maybe supercharge it or stroke it :)

I'll take some pics of the shell for ari and put them up.

I bought some mig gas too and tomorrow I'll get some steel and magnets and maybe start welding this weekend.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
Razza- Um not at the moment just wanting to get the conversion done first. So I'm thinking a 5 speed manual, with the VT twin piston brake upgrade and a 10 bolt Salisbury or vl turbo diff whichever I can find first and the SLE Interior. Then supercharge it and stroke it :)

there you go, i fixed it for you =p