Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gutted, no more pukekohoe :(

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Im sure it wont matter to you Australians too much but what a shame for us New Zealanders to lose the pukekohoe round of the V8s. I blame our governement bout for that! :ranting:

what do you guys reckon? did you think that the pukekohoe circuit should have stayed, or moved to wellington or auckland or should have gone.

Go murph! You Legend! :yeah:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Seems a lot of politics behind the scenes has stuffed up puke ...I thought you were getting the venue changed to somewhere else over there next year?
Murph saved our arse last Bathurst and he has proven he is capable not just in hrt or kmart cars.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
I'm not worried 'bout Pukekohe. It's a good circuit but I'm eagerly looking forward to the Wellington (or was it Auckland???) street race in 2007 (or 2008?). I DO know it's been confirmed... :D

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
yea i thought they had said that wellington is not going to host it in 07 which is a shame. by what i hav heard it isnt going to be held in NZ again

yea murph has shown he is a true driver, also he is great with the crowds! man can he get them going, i was at puke this year and boy the holden men on ford mountain cheered so much! that was such a great day!

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did that make ford so big! its meant to be as small as possible!!!!!

HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
I would have to say i enjoyed watching pukekohoe from the comfort of my own home however the track is damn short and the problems with flooding last year i'm not surprised they didn't renew the contract.

Last i heard the politicians denied the Auckland road circuit because they did not want to shut down the city for a weekend. They have done it before so whats the problem. It looked like a good exciting circuit too, bring back memories of Canberra.

I just hope that leaving NZ does not give them a reason to go to the middle east like they were talking about before. Keep the sport in Australia. I don't mind it going to NZ but thats the limit.

D

DrewOfNZ

Pity Manfield couldnt make it, nor Ruapuna. AVESCO wanted two rounds in NZ and the local bodies stuffed about and gave them a big F.U. :b:

Shame, Im glad I made it to Puke when I did. As comfy as my lounge is, nothing beats the noise from the start and seeing the promo chicks flesh in the flesh..... :yeah:

Drew