Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guy who threw girl off bridge guilty of murder... thank god!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Gaol is an early Modern English spelling for jail with the same pronunciation and meaning. Although jail is now more common, gaol is still the favoured spelling in Australia. However, due to American influence in Australia, the spelling "jail" is now more common in popular contexts such as the media, the spelling "gaol" being mainly retained in historical use and in the legal profession.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
stupid english language.

J.... as in Jerry or Jumping or Jolly... is the correct way to spell a place you lock people up in. "JAY-ALL".

G... as in Green or Gullible or Giving... is not the correct way. It's not "GAY-ALL".................... oh hang on, maybe it is with all the man loving going on in there ;).

So many stupid words spelt wrong- I reckon Julia (btw its not spelt Goolia... its with a "J") needs to make a new Minister..... Minister of Spelling.
For instance, the word "read" is spelt the same way in past or present tense, yet sounds different!!!

"I read a book the other day, I suggest you read it too".
But the colour "red" sounds the same too.... "I red a dark red culud book the utha day, I sajest you reed it too. Tha bloo wun woz good too". Yes it looks wierd and we'll all have to learn it all again, but at least it's phonically accurate.... the way a good language should be. Making up spelling just to differentiate a word isn't exactly necessary. Everyone knows which witch is which, but how often are you faced with the real life dilema of being confused between two witches and having to ask another person to differentiate between the two of them? :) "witch" is perfectly fine for both meanings.... as is "threw" for "through".

Sorry for highjacking my own thread, but just had to say something. Maybe someone should start up a thread on which words are "wrong" to them ? ;)

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Far out...all this over a word...

Just use prison(after all Australia no longer uses Gaol unless it is for historical reasons). Will save any future issues.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Anyone else thinking they should bring back the electric chair for people like this? Give's everyone else the same satisfaction he achieved by throwing that poor girl off the bridge.

And insanity is the incorrect term. He should've pleaded ''royally f***ed in the head''.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
His lawyers made him grow his hair like a madman so he could fool people to think that he was insane.
Well guess what this 'madman' is now going to gaol.
What they should do now is on the way there they should drop this worthless piece of crap of the West Gate like he did to his poor little daughter.
Makes me sick that there are people like that living amongst us.
May he rot in hell.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Regarding the pre-meditation, didn't the Judge actually acknowledge that it WASN'T pre-meditated?

Woot!!!!!! He got LIFE!!!!!

With a no parole period of 32 years.

So he gets an all expenses paid Holiday in prison for the next 30 years, paroled at the age of 67 and then retires to a little town somewhere after everyone's forgotten about him and will claim the old age pension for the rest of his life. Not bad.

Why don't we have sentencing guidelines here that specify life in prison actually means you will die there without any chance of ever getting out? Why also do people get special treatment and put into isolation for their own protection? The victim wasn't protected so why should the offender be?

Put all prisoners into a single facility. Let them do with each other whatever the hell they like!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Why don't we have sentencing guidelines here that specify life in prison actually means you will die there without any chance of ever getting out? Why also do people get special treatment and put into isolation for their own protection? The victim wasn't protected so why should the offender be?

Put all prisoners into a single facility. Let them do with each other whatever the hell they like!

Guarantee you he will be dead within a few months despite him being chucked into a isolated unit. There will be a time where he comes into contact with the general population and the first chance they get he will be in a bloody pool.

I totally agree with you though, after spending 2 weeks at Barwon (placement) its rediculous how much of a holiday jail actually is. Hard time, puuuhhhlease.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Oh dear.....

SAM Newman has revealed he "feels sorry" for evil dad Arthur Freeman calling on the public to feel some compassion for the West Gate Bridge monster.

On his regular MTR radio spot this morning Newman told host Steve Price that he felt sorry for Freeman who was yesterday sentenced to life behind bars.

Newman prefaced his comments by saying he knew they would spark outrage.

"I feel sorry for Arthur Freeman," he said. "Hatred and anger and revenge are a dreadful thing and that man has just paid the absolute correct penalty – if we had capital punish he probably would have been hanged," Newman said.