Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gym Supplements

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
Atm im 87 kg and 185cmm tall. I would like to trim down some of the fat from around my abdomen firstly before trying to start on the weights. my fitness atm is good because of football training. Doing 1km sprints in a tad under 3.30. Would it be better to remove the body fat from around my stomach before starting on the weights or start weights straight away.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I started going to gym at the start of last year. I went twice a week and did a 1 hour gym session. In terms of nutrition, I just started eating larger portions.
So fairly light commitment.
I started at about 89kg and now I'm 95kg.
Still got a snack pack though so this year I've dropped the gym and taken up martial arts again as it's great cardio.
My goal was to tone up a bit and get fit as I work in IT.
So i've hit the toning goal, just working on the fitness now.
Every trainer I know says the same thing. You can bulk up to a point just eating right. 95% of people who take supps are missing most of it away at the end of the day.
Only really need to hit supps when you're at the gym a couple hours each day.
And if you are on supps when you don't need them, you're stressing your body more because it needs to work to remove the excess from your body.
Best thing to do is see someone at the gym who is qualified to give you the correct information. Work out your goals, work out a weekly routine, trial if you can stick to it as supps are no good if your system when you're at home on the couch because you cbf going to gym, and go from there.
Good luck with it mate.

Sent from my HTC Magic

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol..supplements, making people rich since people started truly believing they did anything.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
As said before, you don't need protein supplements.

Just get your diet into shape. I do 3 1hr weight sessions a week (at 6am before work) Chest, Back/Bi's, Legs & Shoulders - all followed by a short cardio sesh and abs workout. And I'm easily chucking on extra bulk, my weight isn't really going anywhere, sticking at around 85kg as I lose the excess body fat and turn that into muscle bulk.

My diet is:

Breakfast On gym days, a protein shake/protein revival (like the little up and go things) usually a bowl of lower fat cereal like weetbix or oatmeal, or baked beans on toast

Morning Tea small serving of mixed nuts (cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pistachio's) with a piece of fruit. usually an apple.

Lunch Medium serve of rice with meat, either red, or chicken or tuna

Afternoon Tea piece of fruit (different to morning tea) or whatever is around :)

Dinner Protein - Fish or red/white meat with veggies/salad and small amount of carbs i.e. potato/rice/bread/pasta (cut the carbs later in the day - stack the protein and veggies on)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hama, that is it, it is all about diet. I went from 90 to 108 in the army after 6 months gym work. No supplements just diet and hard work. the guys on supplements got no where. Sadly though, when you get injured and it all turns to ****, that bulk goes to a lot of fat :p

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
But you're still sexy mate! :p LOL!!!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Hama, that is it, it is all about diet. I went from 90 to 108 in the army after 6 months gym work. No supplements just diet and hard work. the guys on supplements got no where. Sadly though, when you get injured and it all turns to ****, that bulk goes to a lot of fat :p

Yeah that's the curse with weight training. When I have kids and no longer have time to keep up with my gym routine, I'm going to turn to flab.
But diet is the thing, what you put in determines what you get out. It's not all about how much protein you can stack in through shakes (which have alot of sugar and calories) it's about maintaining a balanced diet where you focus on protein for muscle growth with carbs to support you for the workout and for daily living, with vegies/fruit and good fats for health...

Real fresh food in the right portions at the right time is the key to health. You can eat maccas 3 times a day, have protein shakes and hit the gym 5 days a week and your body will go nowhere...are you healthy because your eating alot of protein and doing alot of exercise? No...your not giving your body the right nutrition to support itself.

Diet is the key.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
If your set on gaining muscle... expect food costs to rise.

When I was a gym junkie for a while I swear I was constantly hungry. Spent a heap on food.
I have my protein shake after a workout and water/creatine before workout.
I stopped the gym and took up martial arts instead. Looking for more of a tone than bulk muscle.
Now I've moved out of my oldies house and paying a mortgage at 22... working full time and hardly get time to do anything. before I got the mortgage I was at martial arts 4 times a week for 1-3hrs.

I'm 172cm and weight ~65kgs.
My daily intake consists of:
glass Chocolate milk at work for breaky. 1x sausage & cheese roll & 2x thin cheese pizza slices for lunch. 1-2cans Coke/Mother throughout the day. Dinner.... last night I had 2 slices of white bread with 4 slices salami. +1L of Berri Orange Juice & my protein shake after my 30min workout.

I just don't get time anymore.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
One thing as well is if you want to get stronger you'll have to put on weight, if you want to get toned you'll have to lose it, generally speaking. But to be honest I haven't seen much of a gain on it yet, but I've been in and out with my back pain so I haven't been at the gym as often.

fat damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 rex
Drink lots of water.. Muscles are made up of 70% water