Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gym Supplements

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
Just after some advice on protein powders/ creatine etc. Just about to start at the gym and wondering what the best supplements are to take and what sort will be most beneficial. Cheers

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
if your just starting out all you need is to make sure your eating enough - whey protein can help to ensure you get your required protein and overall calories

actually more info required - not lactose intolerant or anything? how much can you spend on food per day? what is your goal in the gym?

whats your diet like - please list a typical days food.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I never used protein powder and still gained a fair amount, what i used to do is have an average sized breaky and 5-6 smaller meals a day that are high in protein and/or carbs, worked well :)

(but to be honest, train hard and rest alot, just remember rest is VERY important)
Also not to mention protein is expensive.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Also depends on what your goals are. Different supplements for muscle mass gain as opposed to straight out weight loss / tone. Best bet is to talk to someone that works at the gym, a personal trainer etc.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
as said it depends on your goal and your current physical form. i just use to do dead weights for 3 hours (pyramids), the some quick bag work and a half hour walk, 6 days per week, 3 weeks per month, ate **** loads of pasta (carbonara mostly), brocoli , musashi 4 times a day, creatine, amino acid,
And lots of sleep at least 8 hours a day...

in 3 months I went from 60kg bench, 10 kg butterfly each arm, 30kg preacher, 15kg bicep curl and 40kg skull crushers..
to 135kg bench, 40kg butterfly each arm, 70kg preacher, 40kg bicep each arm and 90kg scull crushers..

not big gains really hahaha i only put on about 20kg

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
I've taken Horley's Awesome Mass, its a mass gainer/protein combo
Very happy with it but it suits my high metabolism. I gained 10 Kg in no time.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Bulk Nutrients

I order all my stuff of them, they are very well priced and very good quality, compared to GNC crap anyway. I take WPC (81% protein) pre workout and WPI (91%) post. I just started on creatine monohydrate and starting to notice a pretty big difference, just remember to drink lots of water if your on it. I do it 4-5 nights a week depending on work, but start uni again so aiming for a solid 6 days a week. I do it all from my home gym.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I can understand people needing supplements when they are naturally thin. but for the rest of us. we can naturally and cheaply eat the required protein over the day with a good based 5-6 meals. it's always better to have protein in 5-6 serves rather than big large hits. like some eat a chicken. or 300g steak lol.
If you spread and plan your meals over the day and include 25-30g protein in them all. you simply don't need supplements your already there.

There are more ways to supplements than just building muscle. some can use them as a meal replacement. people who worry about that extra meal doing damage when your trying to keep your weight in check.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
after a good weight session you need protein intake within 40 minutes. unless you want your body to eat your muscle tissue..

anyway op.. what is your physical form at the moment? are you over weight? what is your goal? are you serious about it? long term? or is this a fad?

p.s. be careful with this, weight's\working out is seriously addictive stuff