Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H&M/Harrop full exhaust

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Ok guys! Will call the mechanic tommorrow to book the car in next week for a full Harrop/H&M exhaust system.
1 7/8 long tube headers.
200 cell cats
2.5 inch cat back with bimodals
Retune.
Cost will be around $4,000.
If anybody thinks its not worth the money/not much performance increase/too loud etc now is the time to let me know or forever hold your peace.
I currently have a custom tune and VCM otr only.
Wanting it to sound better but not too loud & wanting more resposiveness with some more bottom end and midrange torque. I understand i wont get massive gains.
Im hoping the bimodals will quieten down alot cause the mrs will kill me along with our new neighbours.
Soooo! Go for it? Or reconsider?
$4k sounds right for that system and the tune, maybe on the cheap side, most high end zorst are around $4k so I'd say your getting the tune for free.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Ok guys! Will call the mechanic tommorrow to book the car in next week for a full Harrop/H&M exhaust system.
1 7/8 long tube headers.
200 cell cats
Retune.
If anybody thinks its not worth the money/not much performance increase/too loud etc now is the time to let me know or forever hold your peace.
Wanting it to sound better but not too loud & wanting more resposiveness with some more bottom end and midrange torque. I understand i wont get massive gains.
Im hoping the bimodals will quieten down alot cause the mrs will kill me along with our new neighbours.
the mods you mentioned are the best bang for buck you will do to your car (power per dollar) with the exception of the headers which offer minor gains over a cat change with catback and tune.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
when i got my exhaust the other week i was almost dead set on the harrop 3" bimodal. ended up changing my mind at the last minute.
who knows if for the best.
but the tuner did say the bimodals did quiet the harrop system down a fair amount.
but also keep in mind the bimodals are open at idle, so unless you opt for a remote control and switch it to closed manually you are probably still going to upset your neighbours at a cold start.. at least you went the 2.5" so maybe not as much as i upset mine :cool:

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
also curious as why you have h&m in the title. dont they cease to exist?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
the bimodals are only open at idle when selected as open. closed they are always closed.

also curious as why you have h&m in the title. dont they cease to exist?
which system did you go and can we get a got damn video from anyone please?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
1 7/8 long tube headers.
200 cell cats
Retune.
If you already have tune otr won't be a big change, really with those mods gain from 3500rpm upwards.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
If you already have tune otr won't be a big change, really with those mods gain from 3500rpm upwards.
Thats right but i would expect more responsiveness all the way through the rev range and a bit more torque in the lower rev range!
Correct me if im wrong tho?

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
the bimodals are only open at idle when selected as open. closed they are always closed.

which system did you go and can we get a got damn video from anyone please?
Will be going Harrop full system. 2.5 cat back
1 7/8 headers
200 cell cats.
Mechanic is flat out till xmas so will be booked for mid jan.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Are the bimodals closed at idle during start up or open?
Some say if set to off they are closed at start up idle while others say they are open at start up idle irrespective of whether set to off or on.
Thoughts of going either 1 7/8 headers or 1 3/4 headers?
Wont be camming or a blower.
Dont want to lose any bottom end torque.