Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H/U suggestions for VX?

ingram

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX2 Exec
I'm really not sure what head unit to go for in my VX. It's running stock right now so I'd really like to upgrade to something that supports USB/Ipod etc. I'm happy to keep everything stock for now but I want the option to add sub/amp later on so 2xRCA out is what I will be looking at.

I also did originally want to stick with a double din but I guess I could go a single and get an extra compartment to fill it in. I'm not sure what I need to get to do this install? I will need a harness thing sure. But what about brackets and the like? I can't seem to find any specific models suited for VX on any websites.

I have a $150 super cheap gift card I'd love to spend towards all of this.

Appreciate your feedback :)

ingram

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX2 Exec
Well I purchased a head unit.

Photo%2027-05-12%202%2019%2045%20PM.jpg

I just need to get a bracket I think so I can put it in. I flicked through a Aerpro book at JB and it appears there is a new product out for VT/VX which is model FP8018. It's a double din Fascia. Then all I need is the Aerpro universal compartment that clicks in and I should be good to go.