Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H7LL outboard projector globes for VF SV6....Replacement Globe for better light ?????

J

Jingle Bells

Hi All,
I was driving the other night whilst it was raining in Town on a dark bitumen road with street lights and the output from the GMH fitted H7LL Low Beam Projector lights were up the pole. !@#$%^&*

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement globe that would improve the light intensity on a dark, rainy night and on a clear night....preferably with a makers name and part number...it must be a 12v 55Watt.....do not require HID lights.....must be a white light not blue intensity....as blue lights are no good as against a pure white light.

I know I can be a pain in the rear end....but any help would be appreciated.

Anyone else noticed this problem on low beam??????????

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jingle Bells

Try something like the Phillips Crystal vision. Theyre bright and theyre white 4300K.

Having said that, ive now gone to HIDs which really are worth a look.

Yes I know the HID's are better...but being an old scrounger....I will check out REPCO tomorrow for the Phillips.....thanks for the info.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Phillips Crystal vision are great I was using them on my Falcon because it doesn't have projector lenses, but they are not cheap. If you look around you can find HID conversion kits for the same price as a set of Phillips globes. But HID's aren't really a good idea unless you have projectors.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
You do tend to loose distance with the Blue and Crystal Vision globes though. They are MUCH brighter/whiter but you do sacrifice viewing distance.

The +100s in the same brand are good for viewing distance, but dont have that same crisp white light as the Crystals and Blues.

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Yes I know the HID's are better...but being an old scrounger....I will check out REPCO tomorrow for the Phillips.....thanks for the info.

Being a scrouge myself I can also recommend getting you globes online. Ebay has them for $50, whereas Repco will be $80-90.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You do tend to loose distance with the Blue and Crystal Vision globes though. They are MUCH brighter/whiter but you do sacrifice viewing distance.

That's half true. The Blue Vision Ultra are 4000k and not as white as the Crystal Vision. They are still white but they're definitely brighter, whiter and have better distance than the OEM Holden crap. I used to use Crystal Vision but have switched to Blue Vision Ultra. The other bonus is they're 100% legal whereas the Crystal Visions & Diamond Visions are technically illegal. And HIDs are definitely illegal without washers and a self levelling system.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Philips +100's are the way to go.

Part number is 12972XVSM for a twin pack.

Blue Visions are alright (12972BVSM), but wouldn't go near Diamonds or Crystals if you want visibility.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What's illegal about crystal vision? They're 4300k rated for memory which is the legal limit here.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
What's illegal about crystal vision? They're 4300k rated for memory which is the legal limit here.

You are correct about Crystal Vision being 4300k. And that is the limit. I.e. to be 100% legal, they have to be UNDER 4300k. Just like 0.05 is the legal blood alcohol limit but you actually have to be UNDER it. If you blow 0.05 you're going to be done for DUI and given a court date. It's very low range but still illegal.