Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[H8RSGUNH8] Ants V8 super car kitted VT 6

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I havent man ay, 2 b honest if im gonna pull them off 4 any reason i would prolly just leave them off i think.
They don't look to bad off also:).

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Hey mate very nice ride and love the front spoiler and blue LED dash more than anything.
Just a quick question if i may, how did you go about painting the rear garnish? i also own a vt and was thinking abot just putting a vx garnish on, unaware you could just paint the vt one..
Thanks

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Hey mate very nice ride and love the front spoiler and blue LED dash more than anything.
Just a quick question if i may, how did you go about painting the rear garnish? i also own a vt and was thinking abot just putting a vx garnish on, unaware you could just paint the vt one..
Thanks

Thanx man :thumbsup: painting the VT garnish is the best way 2 go about it since it matches the car in all aspecs IMO the VX garnish just looks **** around the number plate area giving the round VT some edges. But there is a cheap way 2 go about it that u have 2 b aware 2 avoid. Main thing 2 remember prep is the key so 2 get it lookin like it was ment 2 b there and not just some plastic thats had some paint slapped on it u'll need 2 bog and sand a few things.

The main thing is the reverse lights, theres a distinct ridge and gap around where these r, they need 2 b filled with a putty knife and bog then sanded back smooth. Then around the outside of the garnish theres some indent lines in the plastic where holden have joined the front and back of the garnish 2gether, same thing applies bog and sand smooth. Some garnishes u cant see this untill they r in primer but the word holden in the garnish also has the words indented in the plastic some garnishes u cant see it but in time u'll get it so bog sand or shave that area till its smooth. Then wen ur happy spary on some primer and then the colour u want after it. ;)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i decided 2 tackle a big job myself 2 save $900+ while on holidays and change my heater core. Bought a new heater core $109 from express radiators in whelshpool, new coolent $29 and a new gasket and thermostat $22.

B4 i started i had 2 drain all the coolent so while i was there i took out my thermostat. I gave the whole system a flush out, bonus didnt have 2 get the aircon gas taken out as i had none in there from a leakin compressor.

So far ive got the whole dash and HVAC unit out and the heater core and even the evaporator core out. Cleaned out the HVAC box now im waiting 4 monday 2 go get the evaporator core unit pressure tested and make sure thats not leaking either so heres some fun and scary pics lol.

Home made carport 2 hide from the rain haha
24052009043.jpg

New heater core next 2 the old evaporator core
24052009048.jpg

Dash all out with HVAC unit still in
23052009027.jpg

HVAC unit out
24052009046.jpg

Front HVAC unit
23052009033.jpg

Back HVAC unit
23052009034.jpg

Old heater core
23052009037.jpg

Inside HVAC unit
23052009036.jpg

Everything out haha
24052009042.jpg

(CODEZ)

formerly cody_vp92
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
coming along nice man
only thing i was gonna suggest was changing the rear garnish to suit the lights but then i realised you had already mentioned doing something about it :)
love the front bar by the way

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good work Ant, have fun getting it all back together!!

LOL i rekon it will b harder gettin it back in than taken it out 2 :p

coming along nice man
only thing i was gonna suggest was changing the rear garnish to suit the lights but then i realised you had already mentioned doing something about it :)
love the front bar by the way

thanx man yeah i havent updated the 1st page most of my new pics r scattered in the thread but yeah i ended up paintin the rear garnish looks 10 times better specially over the VX 1. :thumbsup:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
YAY sucess all is back 2gether, no leaking core and i now have heating 4 winter :dance: i thought it would b a lil more difficult installing everything but cant say it was, its just 1 big jig saw puzzle haha :p

heres a couple pics while installing

25052009051.jpg

25052009052.jpg

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
wow looks like you been busy man! Don't think I'd have the guts to take the entire dash out of my car haha

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
good to see you gave it a go...... looks like fun i say..

Sorry was on last night send a pm or nudge bout what ya needed if you still need answers...