Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hail Damaged

AshVSchick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I have a hail damaged, stock VS exec. Just looking for ideas to spruce it up a bit but keep it street legal. Looking for both performance and visual upgrades. Also, I'm only a 1st year apprentice so I wanna keep it pretty cheap. Any ideas? I'm sick of people looking at my car and thinking I don't look after it because of the hail dents

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Search function and Show Off Your Ride section are your resources in this situation, as you will get alot of conflicting opinions.

My opinion would be to save your apprentice wages for a more suitable application. Save for another car/project and keep this as your daily.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Myth Busters proved that adding dents to a car so it looks like a golf ball actually improved fuel economy.
Leave it as is or you'll have to pay more for fuel :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Agreed with the above. If you want true performance, FI is the only way to go, then you can play with the 8's. Other mods (exhaust, headers, insulators, etc....) to see improved response and economy will leave you at least 1k out of pocket for very little gain long term. As for visuals......it's hail damaged dude. Take it to a crash shop or deal with it :)

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Search function and Show Off Your Ride section are your resources in this situation, as you will get alot of conflicting opinions.

My opinion would be to save your apprentice wages for a more suitable application. Save for another car/project and keep this as your daily.

This. A VS exec especially a hail damaged one is not worth spending cash on. Just spend what you need to to keep it running until you can afford something better :)

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Set fire to it and buy a decent car - you will be much happier!

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
enjoy driving your VS cruise-mobile and don't worry about what other people think of you or your car.
Being happy to drive around in a cheap but practical car you can repair and maintain yourself is offering an alternative (and subversive) example to the unthinking consumer society we live in.
If you want to maintain/upgrade the car yourself do it because you enjoy doing it but don't expect to make a silk purse out of ........
if you are an apprentice panelbeater then you've got a ready made project