Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

haltech sport gm and trip computer

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Does anyone have (or know of anyone) running a haltech platinum sport gm with a level 3 dash? I'm getting fuel consumption readings way less than what they should be. On the wiring diagram for the haltech the trip computer wire is identified and data is going to the dash, its just that its not correct. I know the trip computer works off injector pulse width and I have the same injectors, so it must be to do with the signal coming from the haltech to the dash. I have tried to recalibrate using the trip computer its self but the values wont go low enough for me to do this.

Cheers

gts_215i

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR8
are there any adjustable parameters within the haltech software ? Factory Delco has some adjustments.

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
I've been trying to look but as yet havnt found any unfortunately!

gts_215i

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR8
Haltech definately lists it as an output A2.

Can't find it in their software either.

Factory Delco / Kalmaker have adjustable variables -

Internal (VAR) Variables List
VAR:TRP:LPHFAC trip computer duty cycle fuel
VAR:TRP:LPKFAC trip computer lp100k constant[A5 B1 DB FB]

Perhaps contact Haltech ? Be interesting to here the response. Probably the same as the factory fault codes...

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Ok thats interesting. Yeah isaw it was listed but then in the manual it doesnt list it as a factory based output. I posted the same question on haltechs forum, but i havnt got a reply. I think i will email them direct.

mectec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
Did you have any luck... Im having the same problem with my haltech gm sports and trip computer vr

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Did you have any luck... Im having the same problem with my haltech gm sports and trip computer vr

Nar mate no i havnt. Infact i just posted another question on the haltech forum about it trying to get answers. Its not just the trip computer. If you set your speedo in ecu manager, the fuel consumption it calculates in ecu manager is also out.

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Also i did email them direct with no reply. But that was ages ago. I will try and chase it up again because it shits me to no end. I may even consider learning how to use tuner pro and put the delco in, for the moment i am used to haltech's ecu manager software now so the haltech stays....