Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hand Brake Adjustment

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I want to check the adjustment of my VY's handbrake. Does anyone know how many clicks or how far the lever should come up?
The manual I have mentions something about measuring accross the park brake shoes with the rear disks removed but it is one of those Haynes manuals which is a mix match from VT to VY and I think it may be wrong for the VY as it mentions shoes and I am sure the VY has a hoop like 1 piece shoe.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Aah about 4-5 clicks roughly.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I want to check the adjustment of my VY's handbrake. Does anyone know how many clicks or how far the lever should come up?
The manual I have mentions something about measuring accross the park brake shoes with the rear disks removed but it is one of those Haynes manuals which is a mix match from VT to VY and I think it may be wrong for the VY as it mentions shoes and I am sure the VY has a hoop like 1 piece shoe.

Hi Wortus

You're right about the VY handbrake mechanism - it has a hoop that I believe cannot be adjusted. I tried some months ago but the "adjuster" has no thread - it just acts as a "filler" to connect the two ends of the hoop. I guess all adjustment has to be handled by the lever and cables. As said above, about four to five clicks is what you are seeking.

Craig Facey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 5.7
Calaber... Parts diagrams indicate that it should work.... Did you find that your adjuster was just stuck?