Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hand brake light stays on dash with warning chime. vt series 2.

MRVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000
Hi all I had a problem 2 days ago and wanted to share my problem with u all,
I was driving and randomly the brake light warning light came on dash with a warning chime alarm noise sounding every 1 minute which was anoying as hell,
I looked this problem up and a lot of people were saying it might be low brake fluid or faulty hand brake switch, I thought it might be the abs module as I have had issues with it in the past and changed it with a second hand one as I had many warning light light come on dash,
I did some investigation and found the problem my self, under the master cylinder reservoir where brake fluid is kept theres a fluid level sensor/switch I unscrewd it it had a spring i pressed spring in afew times i put switch back on and warning light dissapeared, Has anyone ever experianced this problem on there vt????

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I think you will find that is the brake pressure differential switch and it has activated the brake fail warning because one of the hydraulic brake circuits is not functioning correctly.
I'm guessing if you have not noticed any significant loss of braking ability it is probably the rear brakes that are faulty.