Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hand break tighten, take calipers off?

tbblitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 L
Hi i have a VS exec series 1 non abs

I got my hand break tightened about 1 month ago and it was tight as to 3 clicks.

Its only been around 1 month and i can already pull it up about 6 clicks and i havent been doing ANY silly things in it.

Only once i forgot the hand break was on and i put in drive and went to go but it just kinda bogged down and then i relised it was on so i just took it off.

When i got it fixed the guy said he had to take the calerpers off to tighten it because they didnt have holes in them or something.

Is this going to be easy for me to tightern again cos i dont wanna pay someone and then in 4 weeks its looser again.

Also why would it loose this tentsion anyways?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
maybe if it has never been tightened before it could of stretched when he tightened it. i pretty sure if u get under the car there is a tensioning nut and bolt around the cable right under where the hand brake it just tighten that ..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That just adjusts the cable, you need to adjust the handbrake shoes behind the rear rotors. They should have a hole in them, sounds like they have been fitted out of alignment with the hole in the axle. If not, take the calipers and rotors off to adjust them. To do it properly, you need to back the cable off first.